Heartwarming

As the due date got even closer everyone was on edge. Jiang Yanwei was excited to become a father but his worries for his wife's safety were very high, and it was very evident from his haggard face and the lack of sleep at night. Tang Shushui's mother Chu Fang was also very worried and excited. She was happy that his son's family was growing but he was also worried about her son's safety. The kids didn't know about all of this and were just excited that there would be a new baby in the family. Haohao also stopped going to the restaurant to stay and take care of his best friend. So as his due date approached Tang Shushui was treated like a queen.

"Baby?" Tang Shushui who was currently getting a foot massage from Yanwei called out gently.

"Yes, honey?" Jiang Yanwei responded gently.

"You don't have to be so on edge. I promise I'll be fine, and live with you and our child for a very long time." Tang Shushui said reassuringly, feeling the hands on his feet stiffen.

"Did you notice? I am sorry for making you worry, you already have so much on your plate," Jiang Yanwei apologized.

"Why are you apologizing? You're my husband so it's only right I share your worries. So tell me why are you so worried about me going into labor?" Tang Shushui said as he pulled Jiang Yanwei into his embrace.

"Well I was talking to a physician, and he said for someone carrying one child, your belly is unusually big, so it's either that the child is over nourished making it a bit chubbier, which would give you a painful and hard delivery, or it might be a disease." Jiang Yanwei muffled into Tang Shushui's neck.

"I'll be fine baby, that's one thing I am sure of okay?" Tang Shushui said as he pecked Jiang Yanwei's lips.

"I love you," Jiang Yanwei confessed as he kissed back.

"I love you too," Tang Shushui responded.

"Also baby..." Tang Shushui whispered.

"Yes?" Jiang Yanwei responded.

"My water just broke," Tang Shushui said quietly.

"WHAT?!" Jiang Yanwei said as he jumped off the bed.

"Chill baby, it's really not that serious," Tang Shushui said calmly before making his way to the labor room that was prepared for him beforehand, as Jiang Yanwei was running like a chicken with his head cut off. At the moment it seemed like Jiang Yanwei was the one going into labor and Tang Shushui was the responsible husband.

Because of Jiang Yanwei's screaming, everybody in the house knew that Tang Shushui had gone into labor, and in a matter of minutes, the house plunged into chaos. The two midwives were ushered into the labor room by Jiang Yanwei, and the labor had officially begun.

The family's ideals have been changed thanks to Tang Shushui, so they didn't really expect Jiang Yanwei to stay outside instead of accompanying his wife while he gave birth. The midwives we taken aback along with the servants but seeing that the family had no objections they remained silent.

Inside the labor room, Tang Shushui's pale face was covered with sweat, and he felt contractions after contraction. He was an assassin and had gotten stabbed or shot multiple times in his last life but none of it compared to the pain that he was currently feeling. He couldn't even bring himself to cry because all he could focus on was the excruciating pain that he was feeling.

{Do you need an epidural?}

Hearing the familiar yet strange voice echo in his mind, he felt taken aback for a second. This system of his never really did anything or talked to him. He only came out in dire situations. Such as when he first came, or when he first started his business but after that, it was like he just disappeared. But he was taken aback just for a little before his eyes practically shined at the word 'Epidural'.