Date

The next day Tang Shushui decided to take a little break to plan the birthday party and hang out with his husband.  He decided that they would go on a date since they hadn't been spending as much time together lately. For their first destination, they decided to go shopping in town. As soon as they got to town Tang Shushui dragged his husband around.

"Honey, why do we got buy some hairpins?" Tang Shushui suggested.

"You want me to go with you?" Jiang Yanwei asked, a little confused.

"Of course, I need you to feed into my narcism you know?" Tang Shushui responded teasingly.

"Alright, I should go and make sure you walk out of that shop with your ego inflated," Jiang Yanwei replied jokingly as chuckled. The laughing couple made their way to the shop not noticing a couple behind them with gloomy faces.

The couple was none other than Song Shi and Wan Tian. They came to shop for clothes as they needed new ones but didn't expect to see the Jiang couple here. Looking at them being so happy made them feel uncomfortable. 

Song Shi had thought that he hit the lottery when he married Wan Tian and always felt that he was superior than Tang Shushui, but who would've thought that after he married Wan Tian his life would take a turn for the worst? Wan Tian was just a spoiled brat with little talent. The only reason he could pass the exam was because of Tang Shushui and that was evident. He would come to Song Shi and ask for help but when he responded that he couldn't do it, Wan Tian would criticize him and compare him to Tang Shushui. Over the past five months, their marriage had been going downhill. They quarreled every time they met, and to make it worse Song Shi couldn't get pregnant making Old Lady Wan look down on him even more. So these past few months all he had been doing was regretting. Today he and Wan Tian finally made peace and decided to come to shop but who could've known that the Jiang couple were here too?

Wan Tian was feeling the same as Song Shi right now. He had always thought that Tang Shuishui was not suitable to be his wife as he was a scholar so after having fun he decided to settle down and married a ger from town. He thought he would have a bliss marriage with his ger, but unexpectedly he and his wife did not get along at all. When he was with Tang Shushui, Tang Shushui tolerated him and catered to him but Song Shi was as stubborn as a bull and refused to give in. Tang Shushui was also able to help him with his career but all Song Shi knew how to do was to seat around a gossip. Over time he started realizing just how big of a treasure he lost.

"Husband let's go in," Song Shi suggested, but he had already walked in leaving Wan Tian behind.

"Honey, does this look good on me?" Meanwhile, the Jiang couple was already busy shopping not knowing about the Wan couple that just entered the shop.

"Of course! If my wife wears something then of course it looks good!" Jiang Yanwei complimented eagerly.

"What about this?" Tang Shushui tried a more exquisite one this time. It was made of gold and had two flower petals which were carefully carved with pearls and rubies. Just looking at it once you would know that this hairpin was extremely expensive. 

"The flower petals pale in comparison to my wife's lovely face," Jiang Yanwei responded quickly without batting an eye.

"And people ask why I love you so much?" Tang Shushui jokes as he looked at Jiang Yanwei.

"I know right?" Jiang Yanwei agreed.

The interaction between the couple was seen by many onlookers, and those who knew Tang Shushui as the owner of Jiang's diner couldn't help but gossip. So by the end of their shopping spree, everyone knew that the owner of Jiang's diner was dearly cherished by his husband.

"Excuse me how much are all of these?" Tang Shushui asked the shopkeeper as he put all the items he intended to buy on the counter. There were about ten hairpins in there and three crowns for men.

"This would be a total of fifty-five silvers but since this customer gave me good business, it will be fifty silvers." The shopkeeper responded surprisingly to all the people that were online, including the Wan couple who were subconsciously following the Jiang couple.

"Thank you!"Tang Shushui thanked as he paid with a silver note worth fifty taels.

"Okay then let's go," Jiang Yanwei said as he pulled Tang Shushui towards the door.

"Wait," Tang Shushui suddenly said before turning around.

"What's wrong honey?" Jiang Yanwei asked confused.

"Well, we have someone following us you know?" Tang Shushui responded coldly before locking eyes with the couple behind them.