Family Finally Completed

After the comforting, and the crying Feng Lu bought the rest of the fishballs, and went home. After the purchase of  Feng Lu, Tang Shushui made a total of 4 silver taels and 200 copper coins for the day.

Around the You Shi hours (5-7 pm) that both Hahao and Tang Shushui packed up to leave. The walk from town to the village took about 30 minutes.

Suddenly a cold mechanical voice echoed in his mind. "{Congratulations to host, you have completed your first mission in comfort, for this, my system will reward you with a noodle maker."}

'Really? I just completed a mission?' I asked dazed, then I realized what he said 'A noodle maker I really get a noodle maker?!' I asked with enthusiasm.

"{ Yes master.}" He responded with a mechanic voice.

This is good, great even! He was just thinking about what he could do to make his food available to the poorer part of town, and this is a very good solution indeed. 

Tang Shushui had a grand smile on his face as he walked from town to the village, but when he finally arrived he saw commotion right in front of his yard. Immediately he got worried and speed-walked towards his yard. 

'What a pity!'

'How much money is that going to cost?'

'They are already poor and pitful now this? Haiz.'

He heard all these voices commenting but still stayed calm, but it's when he heard his mother-in-law crying, he was hit hard. The mother-in-law he knew was always strong and never cried, not even when she was bullied or ridiculed as a poor widow.

"Wh-what go-g-going on?"  I asked my husband panting from all that speed walking I did.

My husband looked like he wanted to say something, but in his eyes were happiness, relief, pain, and a look as if asking me for forgiveness, he then pursed his lips and looked at his left on the floor, I followed his gaze and that when I saw a man that looked like he was in his 40s on the floor. The man was very skinny, so skinny that I could count his ribs, he was basically the living dead, and he was full of wounds. But he looked very similar to... Jiang Yanwei! OMG! This is Jiang Yanwei's dad who went missing 9 months ago! But the real question is how did he get here?

"This is father-in-law?" I asked, and they all looked at me with a confusing look, but eventually nodded their head. I could understand why they looked at me like that, I mean the original owner lived here all his life so he should know Jiang Yuhan, Jiang Yanwei's father, But they all let pass because the state Jiang Yuhan is currently in made it hard to recognize him.

"Why is no one getting the physician?" I asked with a mildly panicked expression, then they all looked at me as if I'm crazy, ah now I get it even though they're are eating better now they think they can't afford a physician.

"Call the physician now! I'll pay!" I ordered.

They all looked shocked for a moment but Lingyun reacted quickly and ran into the direction of the village's chief's house, which is where the physician is currently because he's checking the Chief's Eldest son's, Dong Zimo's, wife, Liang Lanshi's pulse.

                                                                         Yanwei's pov

Jiang Yanwei finally recovered and looked at his wife, he was very thankful, to his wife for doing this for him. He and his father have a very strong bond and seeing his father on the floor passed out almost lifeless in front of him he finally knew the true meaning of helplessness. 

When he came back from farming this afternoon he took a shower and was ready to eat, then he heard a commotion outside thinking it was that despicable family of his wife, he went out to deal with them but instead he found his dad dragging his almost corpse of a body to him calling out 'Yanwei' softly.

He immediately ran towards his father's almost lifeless body and held him, he wanted to yell for a physician, a god, or whoever could save his father, but the cruel reality hit him hard, even if there was god, a physician, or somebody who could save his father he could not give anything in return.

If it wasn't for his wife today he would truly lose his dad.

"Thank you, wife." I approached him and said in the most gentle tone I could speak in.

"It's nothing you're my husband, family, and the father of my child so I should do my best to help when you're in need because you also helped me when I was in need." He said a gentle tone and with a smile, That smile and gentle tone made me feel as though it's a sunny warm day with a light breeze, completely easing my problematic heart and thoughts.

                                                                          Shushui's pov

After the light talk with my husband, Lingyun came with the physician, we moved Father-in-law's body inside on a bed, the Physician took about 40 mins to disinfect and tend his round and said that this is all he can do and that he might get a fever so he prescribed some medicine. I paid the doctor 200 copper coins and he went home. 

"Au-auntie?" I heard somebody call me timidly and saw that it was Qui Lui.

My brows furrowed, " I don't like when you call me auntie." I told her with my brows still furrowed.

"Th-Then, What should I call you." She asked me as she fiddles with her fingers timidly.

"You should call me mommy," I told her gently as I picked her up.

"Mommy? I can call you mommy" she asked with eyes sparkling with anticipation.

"Of course!" I responded cheerfully. 

After the little conversation with her, I carried her into the kid's room and went in to put Qui Lui to bed, There were two beds inside the room, Jiang Chaoxiang slept with Zheng Xuiying in the same bed, while Jiang Chu Hua slept with Qui Liu.

"You guys go to sleep early, tomorrow will be your first day at school," I said in a gentle yet commanding tone.

"But we're bored," Said Jiang Chu Hua As she pouted.

"How about I tell you a story, Then Bedtime, Ok?"

"Ok!" Said Jiang Chu Hua.

"Once upon a time there was a girl named Belle and she lived in "a small village....."

"What?! She ended falling in love with the beast who locked her up in a castle? Now that's a sickness."Said Jiang Chaoxiang with a disgusted expression.

'I told my friend's the same thing, I told them that this was some Stockholm Syndrom shit, but they all said it was that true love bullshit.' I sighed in my mind.

"What are you talking about brother, it's true love, that's why he became human," Said Chu Hua who disagreed with her brother instantly.

"Yes!" Echoed Qui Liu and Xuiying almost immediately.

"Ok! Ok! Bedtime now," I told them as I kissed each of them good night, even though Chaxiang looked a little relucant.