Tour

After solving the problem with Liu Qiu, the couple was more relaxed, and days idly went by. Tang Shushui knew that his due date was approaching so he controlled his diet and did not put any strain on himself. The family didn't have any problem with the pregnant Tang Shushui taking a break, and even if Tang Shushui wasn't pregnant they still wouldn't have a problem. They were not white-eyed wolves after all.

Though Tang Shushui was very idle it didn't mean the rest of the family was. After the parents of the classmates of the kids came to the restaurant, one of the moms asked for a playdate, and everybody else wanted a playdate as well so they all came to an agreement that they would come to his house today.

The family, no matter how many encounters they had with nobles were still very nervous when it came to actually talking to them. So the whole day was spent checking the house over and over again to see if anything was wrong. While they were still worrying about welcoming the nobles, the kids arrived along with them.

"We're back!" The kids announced as they walked into the house, surprising their friends, along with their parents. Normally the child would just quietly greet the elders.

"Welcome back kids, and welcome to the madams too," Tang Shushui said to the kids before turning around and talking to the adults.

"No need to be so polite, today I am just here as a mom," Xia Tung-Mei said, and she was really sincere. She knew that Tang Shushui would be bigger than he already is now, so connecting herself to him wouldn't be a bad idea, plus she really did like Tang Shushui as a person and genuinely wanted to get to know him more.

"Me too," The other parents echoed.

"Okay then please come in," Tang Shushui said as he guided them to the living room.

The moment the moms walked in they were shocked by what they were seeing. Before coming here they originally thought that their houses were very well decorated and were pretty fancy but now they were rethinking their opinions. There were so many things that they'd never seen before. The living room was very different from theirs. There was a really long couch, along with what seemed to be a couch that looked like a chair. On the couches, there were exquisitely embroidered pillows and cushions.

In the center, of the couches was a medium-sized glass table. It's not that glass was rare in this day in time, but it was not popular. It was mostly used for arts and crafts and making containers, but seeing the perfect rounded glass table in the living room they once again were in awe of Tang Shushui. 

They look around and saw that there were actual windows made of glass and at this point just established Tang Shushui as a genius. If Tang Shushui knew what they thought about him, he would just probably just touch his nose, since these windows had no modern functions except for the fact that he can pull the glass to the side. He didn't even know how to do that, he just told a glass worker his idea, and the glassmaker worked with a carpenter to make the ancient version of a modern window, but nevertheless, for the nobles, these were genius ideas.

"Can we get a tour please?" Xia Tung-Mei blurted out before catching herself. She was just really fascinated by this house.

"Sure," Tang Shushui smiled and agreed.

He showed them the kitchen and the group once again marveled at the sight. The cover was similar to theirs but somewhat different. The stove had different stovetops. Again, though it looked modern, this was actually the type of stove used in rural areas in the '60s and '70s. 

Tang Shushui asked the kids if their rooms could be toured and since they've always wanted to show them off they agreed in a heartbeat. The kids dragged their friends from the living room and went with Tang Shushui to tour their room, and this time the guest was truly shocked.

Chun Hua's and Liu Qiu's rooms were painted light blue and baby pink. The pink side had a pink bed with white and pink embroidered sheets along with pillowcases, and unlike their pillows, it was not made out of jade but was made of cotton and wool but was still very pretty nonetheless. And on the pink side of the room, Chun Hua's name was written on it along with many painted spring flowers around it. The blue side was a replicate of the pink side but the name that was written on it was Xinyi, and lilies of the valley were painted on it. Then they moved on to the boy's room and the room was basically a replicate of the girl's room except that it was painted yellow and white, and the names of the boys were written on the walls. 

After the house tour, both parents and children felt envy. Such a nicely decorated house, who wouldn't want it? After the house tour, the value of Tang Shushui soared in the hearts of the adults. For somebody to be so talented, and yet still didn't rush to the capital to make a commotion meant that they had big plans for the future, and they couldn't be more excited to witness this success.

After the tour, Tang Shushui tutored the children for a while and left the rest up to them. The parents who were supposed to just drop their kids off couldn't help but stay. And so the whole afternoon they sat down and talked to Tang Shushui about the ins and outs of the capital and where he could start a business if he was willing to. The five parents who were once strangers to each other quickly formed a small bond along with Tang Shushui. So now you could say Tang Shushui had about nine noble friends he could consider genuine friends.