Mao Xueqin

"I would like a Rose Venue-leveled birthday party, please. I would like to ask that you make my daughter's cake. If that requires extra money just tell me." Bai Feng Ju said as he pulled out her purse to pay.

"I don't have a problem with making your daughter's cake but when is your daughter's birthday?" Tang Shushui asked.

"It's on the seventeenth of this month, so two days from now. Will you have enough time?" Bai Feng Ju answered.

"It's no problem. I promise to make your daughter's remarkable," Tang Shushui said with a smile. 

"Well thank you," Bai Feng Ju responded politely.

"Oh and I just need one more thing," Tang Shushui suddenly said.

"Yes, what is it?" Bai Feng Ju asked.

"What does your daughter like?" Tang Shushui inquired as he went to the desk to get some paper.

"I almost forgot! She likes bunnies and flowers a lot. Her favorite fruit is peaches and her favorite color is yellow." Bai Feng Ju explained.

"Ok, then I will prepare the party according to her likes," Tang Shushui responded as he wrote everything on a piece of paper.

"Ok thank you," Bai Feng Ju thanked as she walked out of the shop.

"No problem," Tang Shushui said as he waved to her.

As soon as he saw Bai Feng Ju off, he started making plans and preparing for the birthday. For the main menu, he decided to make rice, braised pork, braised beef, pork and beef dumplings, BBQ steamed buns, fried chicken, and a pot of birthday noodles. For side dishes, he would have spicy cucumber salad, braised mushroom, sweet soy sauce glazed potato, and egg rolls. For desserts, he would make Hong Kong banana rolls, longevity peach buns, rabbit cupcakes, peach jelly mooncakes, chocolate chip cookies, peach tart, and peach macarons. For drinks, there would be peach juice, vanilla strawberry iced tea, milk teach, and strawberry milk. 

For decorations, he wanted to have balloons, and he needed the system's help with that. For the cake, he could just bake a three-layer cake with bunny decoration. After planning out what he needed to do for tomorrow, he gave a detailed list of ingredients to Li Shi Qing and headed back home, but then he remembered that he had an appointment with Mao Xueqin, so he hurriedly made his way to her house. It seemed like Mao Xueqin was anxiously waiting for him because the moment he knocked on the door, she immediately greeted him and hurried him to come in.

"Hello, Mrs. Mao, you wanted to talk to me about something?" Tang Shushui asked politely.

"Yes, would you like some tea?" Mao Xueqin asked softly as she signaled the maid next to her.

"Sure thing," Tang Shushui responded back politely. After getting the tea and settling in, Mao Xueqin started talking about the reason she called Tang Shushui.

"I know I may sound shameless, but please listen to me. I am nothing but an unfavored concubine of the Minister Of Justice, hence I am powerless. My son who was supposed to grow up with love and care ended up suffering with his weak and useless mother instead. It hurts to see my son trying so hard to be an adult instead of being a child. My son had always been cold and very unsocial, but surprisingly he talked about the Zhangjie siblings with bright eyes and talked about the person who taught them with even brighter eyes. For the first time in my life, I saw my child being a child and I guess I got selfish. So my purpose in calling you here was to ask you if you could be my son's master. I am willing to pay you however much you want. I might not be able to pay you in full amounts but I promise that I will pay you the amount that you request." After explaining Mao Xueqing stood up and made a deep bow.

"I really don't mind teaching him, but can I give you some advice?" Tang Shushui responded.

"Of course! What is on Madam Zhangjie's mind?" Mao Xueqin responded as she looked up.

"Most of the time being weak is a choice, and in all honesty, you made that choice. The man you loved in the past is no longer the same person, and you can't accept that. You need to heal the past and live the present because sometimes you just need to forget what's gone and appreciate what remains. You may have been betrayed but you still have a child that needs you the most right now. It's time for you to stop being weak and step up your game. My boutique is in desperate need of a head seamstress and you are the perfect candidate Mrs. Mao. I'll give you until tomorrow to think of it." Tang Shushui advised as he got up from the chair. His words leave Mao Xueqing both in shock and tears.

She wanted to refute what Tang Shushui said, but how could she when all he said was the truth? She might have been a concubine's daughter who was unfavored but she was a very talented girl. When she embroidered, her embroideries threw the who capital into a frenzy. Though her father hated her, he still used her to boost his popularity. She fell in love with her husband was just a petty official then. She was married as his official wife, but when he became the Minister Of Justice he felt like her status was too low for him. So he married a well-bred noble lady from an influential family and demoted her to a concubine. Over time he came to shun her as she served as a reminder of his humble beginnings. She was left alone during the pregnancy and almost died multiple times, and after the baby was born, he refused to take care of him. She was so hurt that she basically chose to become weak as Tang Shushui had said. But she had a priority in life, and that was her son.

"I don't need until tomorrow, I assure you that I will be a good head seamstress!" Mao Xueqin declared as tears rolled down her eyes. Her son needed her now, she can't be weak!

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!

Question Of The Day?

How was your valentine's day?