Daughter

"Mommy I want my birthday like this!" The daughter of the Minister Of War yelled, surprising the people around her. She had always thought she was above Zhong Yunru but today she was crushed, by her. Not only was her birthday magnificent, but she was the first one that had a birthday party held at Jiang's dinner, and because of this, the owner of the restaurant decided to name the heart cake, the 'Yunru' cake. She was already jealous because of the successful birthday party, and now the cake naming made her explode.

"Yuzhu! Where are your manners?" The Minister Of War was clearly not pleased seeing how his daughter was talking to her mother. His wife looked like she was going to interfere but the guest's eyes made her quiet.

"You don't have to yell. Yuzhu you should as nicely when you want something. Plus your mom is not your only parent. Now try again." The Minister Of War's mother instructed. She liked spoiling her granddaughter, but etiquettes were a must for her. She knew her granddaughter was just jealous of Yunru since her father showed the girl some affection.

"Mommy, Father, can I have my birthday here?" Yuzhu asked with her head bowed.

"Yes, you can," The Minister Of War responded gently.

"I don't see why not," Her mother responded.

"Ok, then we will discuss this matter later," The Minister Of War said to Tang Shushui.

"No problem," Tang Shushui said with a smile. It seems like his restaurant was going to see endless success soon. 

After the party ended he had a talk with the Minister Of War and his wife and they made a reservation with him. By the time the party was over it was already seven and he was tired. He was already eight months pregnant and he really was going to take a break this time to focus on his pregnancy. His belly was really big and he could no longer stand up as much. Today really drained him and the moment he was done, Jiang Yanwei took him home to rest. 

"Babe, I don't think I will work anymore during my pregnancy. I think I will also postpone the opening of my boutique." Tang Shushui said as he turned to face his husband on the bed. 

"I agree with your decision and also don't forget you promised to set up a play date with the classmates of the kids," Jiang Yanwei responded as he pulled his wife into his embrace.

"Right, I almost forgot. Speaking of kids don't you think Liu Qiu is growing a bit distant towards us lately?" Tang Shushui couldn't help but ask. He spent quite a lot of time with Liu Qiu and treated her like his own daughter Jiang Yanwei also showed her great love and care as her father and they were very close, but recently she seemed distant from them and was even reluctant to call him mommy anymore. This made him anxious as he really did love that child like his own.

"I noticed too, I tried talking to her, but she was reluctant to say anything. But after observing her for a moment I think it's because we're expecting a baby," Jiang Yanwei responded. He also was really of Liu Qiu and loved her like his own. He would often brag about his daughter to people so a lot of people knew that Liu Qiu was really close to her adoptive parents, but her behavior these last few days did worry him quite a bit. 

"I think you're right honey. We're indeed at fault. She was originally abandoned multiple times and became insecure, but I thought her mental state had gotten better so overlooked this. I even neglected her sometimes. I'm such a horrible parent." Tang Shushui sobbed silently. He knew how it felt to be neglected and insecure but he did it to his child without even realizing it. How could he make his daughter feel this way? 

"Honey, we're both new parents and we don't know much about good parenting but we're still doing our best. Parenting is very hard and there will be some mistakes and we just have to learn from it. Tomorrow we'll talk to Liu Qiu and make sure she knows we love her just as much as our unborn children." Jiang Yanwei consoled as he peppered his hair with kisses.