Heartfelt Confession

With the plan his staff had for him, he didn't waste any time putting it into action. First and foremost he needed a brand name. After much deliberation, he came up with 'Xingchen Shenhuo', meaning 'stellar life'. He had spent months creating these dresses along with his team, and he could truly call them stellar. His makeup and jewelry designs were also very modern. Though his jewelry was very limited right now. He could not get stuff like diamonds, rubies, and emeralds because one he was low on money, and two he did not have a sea merchant as a partner. In this world, sea merchants were not as frowned upon as merchants because they held vast wealth, and were the people who possessed the most treasures, so having long-term business with one was pretty difficult. 

But for now, he would only do what he could. He stayed at the boutique pretty late, so his husband had to come get him. 

"Honey? What are you doing here?" Tang Shushui asked, looking away from his paper.

"Coming to get my wife of course!" Jiang Yanwei responded as he swept Tang Shushui in princess carry causing him to giggle. The couple laughed and flirted all the way out of the ignoring the disgusted eyes of their employees. Every time the boss's husband came they had to eat dog food, and they demanded compensation!

As soon as Tang Shushui got home he immediately made his way to his daughters' cribs. The two princesses were clean, and sound asleep. He had never seen them so serenely asleep before, most of the time they would fill the room with their giggles and coos like little bursts of sunshine, that would always make his day. 

Mingzhu had delicate rosy cheeks that bloomed like tiny roses, she was always smiling and always careless, while Mingyue had radiant eyes that seemed to always observe her surroundings she didn't laugh or cry as much as her sister, but she was equally adorable with her set of dimples. They looked identical, and the only way one could tell them apart was by their moles. One had one under their left eye and one under the right. 

Tang Shushui saw their sleeping babies turned to his exhausted husband and gave him a tight hug. His husband had always wanted to be in the army, most preferably a general. He had trained himself since he was a young boy, and Tang Shushui had seen his skills. Though he's not a master, after a couple of years of guidance, he could be general with no problem. In their late-night talks when he was pregnant he had always mentioned it but on the day he gave birth and he saw his two cute daughters he told Tang Shushui that he gave up on being a general.

He had told him that as a general many of his years would be spent on the battlefield and not with his family and he didn't want to lose out so much in his daughter's life. He wanted to be there when they were growing up, to see them make their own lives. 

Though he said that, Tang Shushui knows it's not that hard to give up on your dreams like that. Sometimes at night the husband would wake up and go look at the rusted sword and arrows before he looked at him and the babies and put it back after sighing and then smiled. As someone who had to give up his dreams in his last life, he wanted his husband to follow his dream, but his husband refused many times.

Tang Shushui looked up at his exhausted husband. His hair was disheveled, and dark circles underscored his bloodshot eyes, evidence of countless nights spent comforting the crying babies. He was no longer the valiant and handsome Jiang Yanwei right now he was just a dad, a very caring one.

"I am sorry honey, you did your best to support me yet..." Tang Shushui couldn't help but sob as talked.

"Baby, I told you it's not you. I had always thought that me being a general was the most important thing to me after my family, but I wavered when you were pregnant, and when I saw my princesses holding my finger with their small little fingers, when I saw you rocking them as the sun shone on you, I felt rooted, and I could only think of one thing, and that was staying with you, with my family." Jiang Yanwei said gently as he hugged him back.

"But-"

"I am not finished." Jiang Yanwei interrupted, "You see when I decided to give up, it wasn't because of any pressure or obligation. It was because of you. Because of us. Because I realized that no glory or title could ever compare to the warmth of your smile, the sound of our babies' laugh, the simple joys of being together as a family. So when you blame yourself for being the reason I couldn't leave, my heart shatters into thousands of pieces, because you are the reason I chose to stay. You are my anchor, my rock, the love of my life. And I would give up thousands of dreams if it meant spending every moment by your side, creating memories that will last a lifetime. So my love, please never doubt the depth of my devotion to you and our family. You are my home, my heart, my everything, and I will cherish you for the rest of our lives," Jiang Yanwei confessed tenderly, love in his overflowing in his eyes, almost tinged with a bit of madness.

As Tang Shushui listened to his heartfelt confession, tears welled up in his eyes, a mixture of overwhelming love and gratitude flooding his heart. In that moment he felt a wave of emotions wash over him, each one crashing against the walls he's built around his heart. Guilt consumed him, realizing that he had doubted the depth of his husband's love. As his husband stood before him baring his soul, he felt a sense of relief, realizing that he was not alone in this healing journey as he thought, that they were partners, supporting each other through thick and thin. His husband's words wrapped around him like a warm embrace soothing the insecurities that had plagued his mind.

"Husband" Tang Shushui sobbed.

"Hm?" 

"Husband"

"Yes, I am here baby,"

"Husband,"

"Yes my love"

"I love you,"

"I love you too, more than you can ever imagine," Jiang Yanwei spoke softly as he dropped a tender kiss on his forehead. When Tang Shushui looked up, there was softness in his eyes, a warm feeling that engulfed him like a comforting embrace. In those eyes, he saw a thousand whispered promises, a life a devotion written in the depths of his gaze, and a this moment he truly believed, his husband loved him more than he could ever imagine.

Surprise! I didn't go complete MIA this time, so here's an update. BTW...do you guys like my cover? It's so pretty like ughhhh! It's made by this cutie here: @Veleon