Opening Day

A month has gone by peacefully since the wedding and everybody now looked at the Jiang Family with a new view. Apparently, somebody went to town after the wedding and confirmed that 'Jiang's Diner' the stall of Tang Shushui was hot in town, it was so popular that they were going to open a restaurant.

The Tians and the Tangs became the laugh of the village after the wedding. Everybody thought one thing and that was 'How could they drop a pearl for a fish's eye?'. The person they abandoned became so successful wasn't that a slap to their faces.

The Jiangs didn't pay any attention to the village news, and Tang Shushui was more focused on his restaurant opening. He was supposed to open it three weeks ago but he decided not to. The reason was that he wanted something unique. After renovating the restaurant three weeks ago he went to see it, but seeing all the restaurants around him he came to a new understanding.

All the restaurants around him had the same design and most of the food was the same, especially some of the restaurants were copying his food from the stall. He knew apart from his food he needed something that would pull in loyal customers. So he decided that he will take more time preparing his restaurant.

He needed to finish in about a month so he hired about fifty workers to redecorate his restaurant, both exterior and interior. He made the exterior traditional, and the interior somewhat modern. 

He was having some trouble finding a carpenter that could make modern chairs and tables, but surprisingly the system had them. His grandfather left about five hundred chairs and tables in his storage. He asked the system why did his grandfather leave so many chairs and tables, but the system only replied 'Let's just say your grandfather was one heck of a paranoid man.' In a voice filled with motherly affection. Tang Shushui found it weird that the always cold mechanical voice could sound so warm, maybe he had a history with grandpa.

Tang Shushui didn't really dwell on the matter at the time and continued to re-decorate his restaurant. Next, he thought of the menu for the three classes. His restaurant would be divided into three classes. Lower class, Middle class/Upper Middle class, Upper class/Upper middle class, It truly depends on if they can afford it. He was not trying to discriminate, he did this knowing the nature of nobles and upper-class people.

In some restaurants, they didn't even let villagers or farmers in, so him doing this was for the best. He had different menus for each class because it was different for the cost of each menu. If a lower-class can afford the upper-class food then he wouldn't mind letting them seat and eat there. The restaurant itself was pretty large, so he made five to seven private rooms in the restaurant for people who wanted privacy.

The system was just weird these days, for example, it gave him two already grown cherry blossom trees, which he planted inside the yard of his restaurant with the help of the system, and it looked very pretty so he wasn't going to complain. Tong Donghai did find some new employees for his restaurant, and he hired ten other people for other work in the restaurant.

Tong Dognhai found four students at his school that is we're willing to work. Shu Ling a fifteen-year-old girl, whose parents were willing to let her get educated instead of marrying her off, Di Yaoyao a sixteen-year-old girl whose brother worked very hard to send her to school but her, her brother, and her other siblings were still very poor, Liang Li an orphan who sent himself to school but was very poor, and Liang Hu whose a son a divorced ger that lived in horrible conditions who is looked down upon in his village.

All the kids that Tong Donghai chose either had a terrible childhood or their families are in terrible condition, and he didn't have a problem with that. 

Today was the day his restaurant would open so he needed to get ready. He first went to pick up the kids and along the way, he heard many words of congratulations. After he got back to the inn he took a shower and then showered the kids. Today was the opening of his restaurant so he wouldn't underdress. He wore a beautiful white and golden hanfu, did modern makeup on his face, wore his hair into a bun in which he put in his hairpin, and wore the shoes he embroidered himself. He also made all the wives in the Jiang family wear the same thing because this was a family restaurant and they were all going to be part of the opening.