Chapter 11

(Deku's POV)

The girls had taken the kids shopping almost immediately and came back about an hour later. Everyone made their way down to the pool.

"It's nice that they let us use the pool," Uraraka smiled.

"And that Eri and Mirio can come too," Deku added. Everyone went to the fitting rooms to change into their swimming wear.

Seven was the first of the kids to come out. Since the students were used to changing quickly, they had all finished and were in the water already. The girls had picked him out a navy and blue rashie with black and white swimming shorts. He blushed shyly as the girls cooed at him. He sat down by the water and waited for his friends to come out. Mono was next. He wore a brown rashie with green shorts that faded into a black. He sat down beside Seven. Six and RG came out of the changing rooms at the same time. They wore yellow rashie/one piece with a little ruffed skirt attached. They came and joined the boys.

"When will Eri get here?" RG asked the older kids.

"They'll be here soon," Midoriya replied.

"Um, the bag won't last in the water, Mono" Denki pointed out. Mono tapped his chin in thought and spotted something in the shadows. A hat! Mono couldn't resist going over and trying it on. It was a slouch hat which Mono swapped his bag with. He pulled it down to cover half of his face. Next to the hat was some sunscreen. Mono picked it up and walked to the group.

"Great idea" Uraraka smiled and wadded over to them. She opened the bottle and squeezed some into her hand. Next she dabbed it on Seven and rubbed it in.

"You're good to go, Sev" she said and Seven lowered himself into the water. Uraraka leathered the cream on the others and the girls got in too. Mono watched his friends swim around in the water.

"What's wrong? Don't you wanna come in too?" Midoriya questioned. Mono nodded but said nothing.

"Mono can't swim," Six said, doggy paddling to her friend. Mono nodded, embarrassed slightly.

"A lot of kids can't swim," Ashido tried. Mono shuffled his feet.

"How about we teach you to swim, ribbit?" Tsu offered. Mono smiled brightly and nodded happily. Deku and Tsu wadded over to the edge to help Mono lower himself in. Six doggy padded to Jirou who was treading water. Seven and RG were surprisingly good swimmers and swam in circles with RG occasionally splashing Seven using her quirk.

"Okay, you have to trust us here, Mono" Midoriya started as he kept the boy afloat. Mono was instinctively splashing about but stopped when he took in what Deku had told him.

"Okay now kick your legs like this," Tsu explained while showing Mono. Mono kicked his legs like her. Six had swam to the side and found the nome. It clicked at her.

"Doing great, Mono," Midoriya encouraged. Mono smiled again from under his hat. It was odd, all the attention and praise. Sure he got occasional thumbs up or complements from Six but this was way more. Mono began to rest his legs and followed Tsu's actions with his arms. Mono could guess that the others hadn't gotten showered in love like this either. Sure they had all been complemented before but never like this. It was strange but nice. Six doggy paddled back to Mono and smiled at him and Mono smiled back then choked on some water that had splashed into his mouth.

(Mirio's POV)

Eri and Mirio made their way down to the pool. Eri was rambling on about these four kids that she met a few days ago. Mirio found them interesting to say the least.

"And Mono can teleport through Tv's! They all have quirks too and they've got really good stories!" Eri explained. Eri was wearing a red one piece with half rubbed in smudges of sunscreen on her face. She held a blow up donut in her hands. She too couldn't swim but was too busy talking to be worried.

"Oh we're here" Mirio called as he led Eri to the pool's edge.

"Hey guys!" Midoriya waved while still holding a boy above water. The boy wore a slouch hat, brown rashie and swimming shorts.

"You can do it this time," Midoriya told the boy. He nodded and Deku let him go. The boy swam awkwardly towards Tsu as she corrected him occasionally.

"Yeah that's it!" Mirio encouraged, excitedly. This caught the boy off guard and he suddenly sank a few feet under the water. Tsu reached under the surface and pulled him up again. He gasped for air.

"Sorry about that" Mirio apologised and dove gracefully into the water. Eri got on her float and drifted into the pool. Most of the boys had gone to race in a different pool which left only a few people left with the kids.

"Hope I didn't scare you too badly" Mirio smiled bashfully, swimming up to the boy in the slouch.

"It's fine. You're Mirio?" He replied. Mirio nodded.

"Eri told us about you. I'm Mono" the boy, Mono explained.

"Eri!" A chorus of voices exclaimed. Eri drifted up to Seven, RG and Six and began chatting. RG looked at Mono and he was suddenly pulled away and spat out on Eri's float.

"Was that-?" Mirio began but was interrupted by Uraraka.

"RG's quirk. She's the one with the plate and ribbon" Uraraka explained.

"So what are the rest of their quirks?" Mirio asked.

"Well Seven can understand that nome and has advanced hearing so they might be connected. RG can control water but is apparently dead, somehow. Six can drain the life force of any living thing and Mono's is called signal distortion. It's powerful but he doesn't use it much, mostly because he isn't fully sure how to use it" Midoriya explained. Mirio thought for a moment.

"What if we trained them? Or taught them how to use their quirks?" He asked, treading the water.