Chapter 18

(Nezu's POV)

Nezu had picked the kids up himself. The rain had stopped briefly so he took the chance to bring them to his office before it started again. The students had given him an update on the kids and it gave Nezu an idea.

Mono tightly gripped Six's hand on the way, a feeling of needing to protect her. Seven wore his headphones and stayed close to Nezu who held an umbrella just in case the rain started again. RG was quite alright in the rain, showing off her quirk by catching the stray drops that fell down and flinging them into nearby puddles. Soon the stray drops began to fall more often as it started to rain again. Mono looked up at the gloomy sky and, if possible, held Six's hand more tightly. RG squealed with delight and flipped her raincoat hood on as she ran about.

"C'mon guys, it's fun!" She called, waving over to Seven. The boy timidly got out into the rain. The water hit his skin and Seven froze, eyes softening under his hair.

"This is my first time feeling the rain" he breathed.

"I've seen it before and heard it but never actually-" Seven stopped as a drop hit his pale nose. He whipped it off with his sleeve and smiled, liking the cool feeling. RG splashed into a deep puddle and some of the water got Six. She growled playfully and let go of Mono's hand to chase RG. Seven chased after the two, smiling happily. Mono stayed by Nezu's side and under the safe and dryness of the umbrella.

"Don't you want to join your friends?" The principal asked. Mono nodded but pointed to his mask.

"Other kids used to make fun of my face," Mono explained.

"From school?" Nezu asked. The boy nodded but then seemed confused.

"I never told you I've been to school before?" He questioned. Nezu shrugged.

"Well, no one else is around in this weather and I don't judge" Nezu winked and gestured to himself. "I'll hold your mask until we get inside". Mono smiled brightly and took off his bag. Nezu neatly folded it and then put it into his pocket. Mono excitedly ran out to join the others, ignoring his previous fears. Nezu watched the kids splash around and play tips with each other. He admired how far out of their shells they'd come. They still seemed a little skittish but from what he heard about them when they first arrived, they were improving tremendously.

Once inside, Seven got to experience the coldness from rain for the first time too. He shivered and hugged his arms. Nezu helped them dry off with some towels but then the thunder started again. Seven covered his ears and Mono tensed. RG ran to the window.

"Look! There are lights in the sky!" RG laughed excitedly, pointing to a flash of lightning. Six perked up at that. Mono and Seven's moods worsened. Just then, the door opened and two figures entered.

"Eri!" The kids called and ran to meet their friend. Mirio smiled as the five kids group-hugged, it was very cute. Nezu welcomed the student and gave him some tea. Another crash of thunder and this time it caught all the kids off guard. Their heads darted around in fear.

"Wanna know what helps me when I'm scared?" Mirio asked. The kids looked up at him.

"Learning about it so I can understand it better" the boy exclaimed. Nezu nodded in agreement.

"Then I'm not so scared anymore" Mirio smiled gently and sat down. Nezu got a small device from his desk and placed it on the floor. A holographic 3D model of a beach was projected.

"It all starts with water," Mirio started, pointing to the waves.

(Eri's POV)

It had been maybe an hour and the kids had been taught out. With the new knowledge of what was going on outside, the thunder and lightning didn't seem so bad anymore.