Chapter 20

(Six's POV)

Six woke up from her bed and sat up. It was bright out already. She must have 'slept in' as Mono once put it. She looked down to her bluey grey jumper. It had been cleaned recently and Six could still smell the detergent. Six liked the smell, it smelt clean. It was quite warm outside so she didn't put on her raincoat but Six made sure to brush her hair into her face so that her eyes were hidden. Six's eyes were a crimson red but shone brightly in the morning light, giving them a glowing effect. The young girl recalled back when her world was still normal, other kids were terrified of her eyes and tended to avoid her for that reason. Six turned to Jirou's mirror and stared at her reflection. Her black hair was getting longer, almost reaching her shoulders. Six cupped her cheeks and noticed some scars from her past adventures that were almost unnoticeable now. Next she made eye contact with her mirrored self. Her eyes glowing like gems until she activated her quirk. A small black whirlpool of energy circled her hands and Six looked down at them. Six looked back to her reflection and noticed her eyes go a dull ruby, giving her an even more intimidating look. Six smiled slightly thinking of how dumb it was to fear people for eye colours.

"Six?" Jirou entered the room, making Six aware that she wasn't in her bed as she'd thought. Six smiled again in greeting and Jirou studied her appearance and noticed her messy hair.

"Would you like me to brush your hair?" Jirou offered. Six felt her hair and nodded. Jirou smiled and grabbed a hair brush from her desk. It had been placed down next to the project she had been working on; she'd gone out to get some parts for it earlier that morning. Jirou sat down on the floor and Six sat down in front of her. Jirou brushed the younger girl's hair gently so as to not hurt her and thought proudly of how much Six had warmed up to her. Six talked less than everyone else, usually just going along with what the others did. Jirou passed her fingers through Six's hair and smiled when it didn't catch on any knots.

"All done" Jirou smiled and Six felt her hair. Indeed it was smoother and looked a lot neater. Six reached for her raincoat and fished around in her pocket for something.

"Can you tie it up?" Six asked, giving Jirou a yellow ribbon. Jirou was taken aback by the request.

"Of course," Jirou replied and Six smiled happily. Jirou felt a strange pride as she tied Six's hair in a half-up half-down style.

"Do you like it?" Jirou asked when she finished. Six looked at her reflection and gasped. She was pretty. The yellow ribbon went really well with her black hair.

"I love it" Six awed, smiling. Jirou smiled back.

"The others are downstairs watching some TV and having breakfast if you want to join?" Jirou asked. Six nodded excitedly.

Six sat down in front of the tv with her friends, eating some toast. They had been watching a cartoon show with dogs that had accents. RG was gushing about how cute Six looked. Mono was so taken aback by her new appearance that he forgot all about his fears and Seven was thankful that Six's new style had distracted RG from trying to do his hair. RG was the most fussed on looks out of them all. She had the longest hair which she brushed everyday so her plate remained neat. RG had blue eyes and a welcoming smile. She too had taken off her raincoat and tied it around her waist revealing her gray t-shirt. It was slightly too big for her so it went down to her hips, slightly hiding her white shorts.

As the four ate, they failed to notice Ashido twitching excitedly as she came into the kitchen. She sat down with the other girls and discussed their shopping spree plans.

"Okay, we need a list of things we want to get them" Momo said, getting out a notepad and pen.

"Clothes, food, drinks, toys-" Ashido started counting on her fingers as she listed.

"Slow down Mina, ribbit," Tsu laughed.

"Why can't we go now?" Hakagure whined.

"The pros are still away on their missions and Nezu is busy today so Mirio is taking care of them. Though Aizawa said he might let us go early" Jirou explained. Mina perked up at that. Early leave and shopping? This was great!

(RG's POV)

It was almost lunch time and Eri, Six, Mono, RG and Seven had been colouring all morning. Mirio made a note to get them some paint someday. He was now taking them to a local cafe so they could get a taste of what they'd be in for with the girls. While he was off asking for permission, he'd left the kids out in the hall. RG was putting Eri's hair into twin ponytails. Just as she had finished, a voice started laughing.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" The kids looked up to see a blonde boy smirking down at them.

"Are you guys lost? Do you want your mummies?" He mocked, pretending to cry. He'd failed to see Eri at the back of the group and assumed they were just some group of lost kids.

"We don't have mums?" Mono pointed out to the strange boy. Six narrowed her eyes.

"He's not trying to be nice, Mono," Six whispered. Mono felt a little embarrassed and realised what the boy was doing.

"Are you lost?" RG asked, not picking up that the boy was teasing them.

"Me? Lost? Never! You kids think you could ever compete with my expertise in navigation? How dare you!" The boy rantered.

"But we didn't think that?" Seven mumbled. Six didn't like this boy, not one bit.

"Just leave us alone" she warned, memories of her past reminded her of her skills with dealing with bullies.

"Or what? You'll cry?" He laughed.

"Is there a problem?" Mirio asked as he came out of the door behind the kids.

"Oh, hello Monoma" the third year greeted happily, oblivious to Monoma's conversation.

"M-Mirio?" Monoma stammered. He looked back to the kids and realised that Eri was amongst them. Monoma quickly brushed past everyone and continued on his way.

"Must've been in a rush to get somewhere," Mirio shrugged. "Now, who's ready to eat?".