Chapter 39

(Aizawa's POV)

Aizawa sunk deeper into his chair. He knew that taking four mysterious kids into UA's custody was a potentially bad idea. His mind racked him with anxiety about possible, terrible outcomes. Letting them get kidnapped by the LoV only to force them into fighting for their lives (in more ways than one) was not at the top of his list but he was sure at some point it had crossed his mind, most likely at some ungodly hour. Now here he was, dealing with the consequences. Immediately after being informed of the situation two days ago, he had been wrapped in paperwork and been sprung from meetings to phone calls. It was highly cumbersome and tiring, in his opinion, with barely any time to involve himself or check on his students. Now he sat, more like collapsed, in his chair. The 'final' of the sheets having been answered and sent back to...? Aizawa didn't care to check who he had sent the email to. So many names had bugged him over the weekend. He was fairly confident in thinking it was a child worker, but he wouldn't bet on it. He was currently waiting for a reply, knowing it probably would have another dozen or so liability forms and legal matters regarding the children attached.

As the thought hit him, a soft beep from his desk broke him from his exhausted thinking. His glossy eyes skimmed the writing, picking out a few notes of interest. Surprisingly, no links to more paper work but instead a halfhearted "...thank you for your cooperation..". What stood out was the next part of the email; "..we'll be in contact soon regarding the permanent custody arrangements". Aizawa did a double take. Permanent custody? As far as he was aware, no one had even heard of these kids before, let alone had records of them. Meaning that child workers couldn't just take them away, spouting crap about legal custody rights to silence any who opposed. However, Aizawa knew better than to argue, it was all for the best interest of Mono, Seven, RG and Six and if they were deemed to be taken away, Aizawa would have to let it be. It was his students he feared would react adversely, if the situation arose.

Hours went by and Aizawa found himself restless, waiting by his desk whilst also tending to Eri. The little girl was asleep in his bed but stirring furiously, a sign she was having another nightmare. Every so often, Aizawa would whisper her comforts or rub her back to settle her again into a calmer sleep. A soft beep alerted him that he had received an email. He quickly opened it and read it. Aizawa felt the air leave his lungs as his mouth hung agape. This wasn't good.

(RG's POV)

RG sat on her bed. The nurse and doctor were doing some last minutes things before they okayed her leave. The nurse unwrapped her bandages that coated her hands, the cuts healing. Some of the gashes ran deep, stitches were visible and, in all honesty, grossed RG out. Other cuts were already scabbing over, leaving the surface of her hands itchy. The nurse disinfected them again and rewrapped them, smiling warmly at the girl.

"I would say you're well on your way to perfect health" the young man said. Tsu let out breath as RG beamed.

"So I can go today?" She asked, eyes full of anticipation. The doctor chuckled to herself and nodded. The nurse handed some papers to Tsu and she sighed them.

"Can I go see my friends?" RG questioned. The doctor agreed and the young girl made her way across to Six's room whilst the doctor remained to talk with Tsu, mostly about medical treatment at the dorms.

Mono and Six sat on the bed, chatting away. They happily greeted her and made room as RG clambered up to join them.

"So, how did it go? Are you going?" Mono asked. RG nodded proudly.

"I wish I could get out of here" Six grumbled. RG and Mono reassured her that all of them would soon be at the dorms. Six mumbled some more.

The three sat and talked for a while until Tsu came in.