Chapter 23

Two chapters in two weeks?? Damn, no writers block for me today. Also I feel like I should mention I'm Australian so I might spell somethings differently or use Aussie slang. You can always ask what I mean in comments if you don't know what I'm saying.

———

Six's POV

The markets weren't bad. They were loud and busy but also fun. They had been walking around to scope out some of the tents when the boys left to their own agendas.

"How about we all get drinks while we walk around?" Hagakure offered, spying a drinks stall.

"Yes, they have boba there!" Mina smiled, rushing to get in line. By now the kids had mostly figured out menus and had settled on what they would like. RG had been convinced into buying a boba like everyone else, Mono got a pink milk drink and Six got a chocolate version. Seven got a soft drink, he didn't really like the fizzy feeling in his nose that made his eyes water.

They continued to walk around until Jirou spied a smaller stall. It sold mostly small pieces of metal and basic mechanical parts. She excused herself and went over. Mono looked over to Six with a confused glance. Six shrugged and explained that Jirou had been busy lately.

Since it was Autumn, it was somewhat cold outside but that also meant that there were dozens of delicious treats for sale. Mina and the girls spared no expense on making sure they tried almost everything. Seven really liked trying all the new foods, enjoying that the majority were sweet. Six, being a somewhat picky eater at times, usually gave whatever she didn't like to Mono or RG. Mono never left Six's side and had started a habit of looking over his shoulder. He was seemingly starting to relax the longer they were out, seeing that no harm was present. RG's favourite part was when they went clothes shopping. It was Momo's too. The two shared a love for fashion, something that Six fought at every chance she got. The only way to get her to cooperate was to give her food before. It wasn't long before a lot of bags were filled with new outfits.

The kids chatted excitedly amongst themselves. Mainly goofing around but remaining in their guardian's sights. Midoriya showed up later in the day and showed the kids to a stall he found. It sold pumpkin pies, and everyone liked them. At one point, they walked past a woodwork shop and Mono spotted an axe in the back. Midoriya was concerned at how interested he seemed in it and quickly explained that the axe wasn't for sale.

Mono's POV

By now, the kids were quite full and the teenagers were discussing with each other, allowing the kids to play for a bit. The kids had run off for a bit to keep out of the way and ended by a road. They were going to continue along the path when a white van pulled up. Mono felt something tug inside of him and he subconsciously activated his quirk.

"Mono? You okay?" RG asked, noticing him suddenly going on edge.

"Let's.. let's go back now" Mono whispered, taking Six's hand. They turned around when the van door opened and a lady came out. She had blonde hair and yellow eyes. She smiled creepily at them, giving off an unsettling vibe to all the kids.

"Hey kids, do you want some chocolate? I have some in my van" she smiled, gesturing to the vehicle. The kids were quiet and still for a second before they all dashed. The lady smiled wider and got back into the van which had started again.

The kids went to go back to the markets when a man in a strange outfit stopped them.

"C'mere, I'm not going to hurt you"

"I have a very high body count," he said in two different voices. The kids skidded to a halt and quickly turned around. They ran back down along the road where they saw the van closing in on them. In an attempt to avoid the strangers, they ducked into an alley. As they ran through it, Seven started to take the lead with RG in the rear. Mono and Six pacing their steps to keep up with each other. As Seven continued to gain speed, the van sped ahead and pulled out in front of them, closing them in. Seven slid under it and continued running, not realising that his friends had been left behind. Mono was about to slide under as well when the driver of the van got out. The woman got out too and turned to look at Seven disappearing around a corner.

"Forget him, Toga, three will do" he said in a raspy voice. He was covered in hands that hid most of his body.

"Hands!" Mono squealed, freezing on the spot. Six turned to drag him away when the man from before blocked their path. He towered over her but she still glared. He grabbed her hood and yanked her away from Mono. Mono snapped out of his trance and activated his quirk. A sharp pain shot through Mono's body and Mono felt himself weaken. He reached down to his arm to find something sticking out of it. He winced as he pulled it out. Six growled and pulled herself free and used her quirk on the man. The said man retracted in pain before harshly kicking her to the ground. Six hit the ground, landing on her head hard against the concrete. She hissed out in pain and RG dropped down next to her. Mono went to fight back again when he found that his arms were numb and heavy. So were his eyes and the rest of his body. Mono soon collapsed as well, lying unconscious next to his friends.

"Aww look at them" the only woman, Toga, cooed. She bent down and picked up Mono. Six tried to sit up but pain flared through her head and she felt blood spill from the back of her head. The man with two voices picked her up roughly, making her feel dizzy. He went into the back of the van, Toga went and sat in the front. The remaining man squatted down next to RG.

"Try anything and.." he reached for her face. She shrunk into herself in fear and he grabbed the little red ribbon in her hair. It turned grey and crumbled into dust. RG stared in horror as the once delicate ribbon's remains blew away in the wind. He smiled cruelly. RG winced as he grabbed her coat with four fingers and pushed her into the van too. She quietly sat down next to the man and nervously glanced at Six. She looked like she was struggling to stay conscious. The hand-man got into the driver's side and started the van before driving off and into the shadows.