Chapter 40

(Third POV)

It took a long time for the week to pass. At least, that's how it felt. Jirou and Midoriya's backs ached from spending it sleeping on the floor or chairs. Mono had been healing slowly, having had many visits from Dr Osona and visiting Six many times as well. Six was very much ready to leave. She managed to entertain herself on occasion, using her new music box, talking with Mono and Jirou, she even got bored enough to start conversing with Deku. She and Mono had been getting into drawing so whenever Seven, RG and/or Eri came over, they made sure to bring plenty of paper and pencils.

Ever since Monday when Aizawa came to deliver the current situation, the man was once again swept away into more legal papers. However he did return to bring them food one day. It was some just fried rice but the children loved it. It was then he explained that it would be some time before the adoption would become official. They didn't mind, mainly excited to finally have a parent of their own.

Finally, the end of the week arrived. Mono and Six were discharged with some basic treatment plans. Mono had some stitches in his lower stomach but the doctors reassured him they wouldn't be there long. Six had a lengthy list as her broken ribs needed time to heal. She still had bruises, a dark scorch on her cheek and technically a concussion, despite most of her symptoms having dispersed within the week, but she was very ready to leave.

And what a time to finally get to leave.

"One, two, three.."

"Merry Christmas everyone!" Class 1A cheered. Everyone was dressed up in red and green, except Bakugou (not for long, if Mina had anything to say about it) and the dorms were covered in festive decorations and smells. The party went along through the evening, students eagerly socialising amongst each other. Many discussions of the new year and hero plans were brought up but the students couldn't feel anything but excitement. The night was filled with the whines of Mina as she desperately tried to convince her friend into giving in to her ceaseless attempts of clothing him in a red coat, much to the entertainment of the rest of the class.

A knock on the door was barely audible but everyone turned to see it open slowly.

"Sorry we're late.." Aizawa's head poked in through the doorway. He wasn't dressed up either and remained tired looking. Mina would have to fix that later, too.

"Have you started already?" He asked as five more figures popped in past him. 1A stared at the sight before them. Their smiles grew and a few gasped in surprise and joy. Before them, at the front, was Eri. She was dressed snuggly in a red and white dress with brown gloves, black leggings and matching boots, all topped off with an immediately recognisable red and white hat, lazily flopped to one side. Her horn poked out from under it whilst her hair hung down to her chest. Behind her, four more children stood. Unlike everything around them, they lacked a red or green coat, instead dressed up in brown, slightly furry, oversized coats or dresses similar to Eri. The two boys donned a pair of brown pants that ended in little black slippers while the girls had knee-high, brown socks with black slippers. The little outfits majestically posed golden sleigh bells on the collar, wrists and ankles that blissfully jingled. Whilst the four didn't wear gloves, they did have tiny antlers and fluffy ears on their heads, courtesy of a headband hidden in their hair. Tiny black noses had been painted on their faces and RG had her hair tied with gold ribbon. All five seemed slightly lost-looking, evidently only just being told what 'Christmas' was and why they were dressed up.

"Trick or.. treat?" Eri guessed, looking back to Aizawa for confirmation. Aizawa got down to her level.

"No, you mixed up the holidays" he gently corrected.

"Santa Eri and reindeer!" The class cried out, their minds overwhelmed with the adorable girl's mistake. She turned to look at the class, confused at the title but Mono, Six, RG and Seven smiled. They had been briefed on what they were dressed as.