Chapter 34

Sorry for the delay, something came up

———

Trigger warnings for this chapter: injury detail, medical procedures

TL;DR will be at the end of the chapter 

———

(Bakugou's POV)

Immediately, Bakugou started to preform chest compressions whilst thinking of a way to get the kids out. He could feel RG's grip loosen slightly but the interlock of her hands and legs kept her on his back somewhat securely. Knowing he could probably get away with only using one hand on Mono, Bakugou pulled Six in closer to him with his now free hand. If he could grab Mono, get out of the battle, run out of the building and all the way to the medics, then maybe Mono would have a chance. Checking his surroundings, Bakugou saw a possible gap. The main issue would be the still burning blue flame wall. The ice had melted somewhat and no longer provided a safe place to exit. Looking around for a sulotion, Bakugou's eyes landed on a rafter above the flames. They were old and wouldn't damage the structure too badly if they were to fall. Bakugou would have to be quick as the debris would last only a few seconds, if he was lucky. Glancing down to Mono, he noticed his sickly form. Blue lips, pale skin, sweating furiously. Knowing he didn't have the time to try and deduce what had happened to the boy, Bakugou checked his surroundings once more. He had less than a minute to get Mono out. Stopping the chest compressions, Bakugou picked up Six and Mono, stood up and bolted to the flames. Using a single AP shot to weaken the rafter, it felt like forever until it crumbled down. Just as it trampled the fire, Bakugou jumped through and heard the soft sizzle of the rafter burning into nothingness. Thirty seconds had passed. Sprinting down the diner, he could just make out the blue and red flashing lights. Breaking down the boarded up door frame, Bakugou ran straight to the paramedics. Upon seeing the injured children, the medics sprung into action, grabbing bags and kits, setting up their ambulances and running to meet halfway. Bakugou handed the kids off, panting heavily and spotted Seven. The boy was struggling against the hold of a cop to get to his friends.

"Overdose! Get me a Narcan kit!"

"No pulse, starting CPR!"

"Collapsed lung, I need a needle decompression!"

"We need to intubate!"

The swirling of medical lingo became like a blur as Bakugou tried to keep sight of each of the kids. RG was taken from his back and placed on a gurney as two paramedics checked her over. Mono was placed on the gurney as a swarm of medics surrounded him, calling out to each other. Six had been laid further away and a smaller group of medics huddled around her. A medic was hooking Six to machines as another prepared some sort of tube and metal instrument. Turning to Mono, Bakugou grew worried again as a woman pounded Mono's chest as another placed something into one of his nostrils.

"Pushing Narc" the second woman called. There was a small pause. "No response, second Narc". The woman proceeded to stick another under Mono's nose. Spinning again to face RG, the medic were less panicked and were fixing an IV into RG's arm. The girl had lost consciousness but when exactly that had happened, Bakugou didn't know. Most likely in the VIP. Switching to Mono once more, Bakugou bit his lip as the paramedics continued to frantically work on the boy. Mono still was yet to respond to any stimuli.

"Checking pulse" a medic called as the others all stopped what they were doing. The whole area went quiet. The silence was suffocating as it felt like hours crept by. "I've got one" she called as Bakugou felt a massive wave of relief. He let out a breath he didn't know he had been holding. The paramedics didn't seem as relieved, knowing the child wasn't out of the woods yet. Looking back to Six, Bakugou grimaced at the sight. The small girl had the tube from earlier sticking out of her mouth attached to a bag that a medic was pumping. Another was carefully sticking a needle through her chest. A final was attending to the bleeding. Sirens brought Bakugo's attention back to RG. She had been loaded into the ambulance that was departing, a cop car following. A strange feeling flooded Bakugou. It was like an anger but without the passion of being angry. Switching to Mono, Bakugou gagged at the sight. Whatever tube was in Six's throat was now being placed in Mono's. At least Bakugou could see his chest heave, indicating he was breathing and alive. The boy's mouth was pried open as the metal instrument was inserted, keeping his lower jaw open. Next was the tube slide down and Bakugou cringed as it felt like the tube was going down his own throat. The metal tool was taken out and a bag was locked onto the tube as a paramedic began to squeeze and release in a repetitive manner. Bakugou knew vaguely that this was so Mono could breathe but he wondered why they had done it as Mono was in fact breathing. Just as the thought hit him, Mono turned to his side as blood spilled from his mouth, a result of the glass still in his abdomen. The paramedics ushered themselves into an ambulance and also took off. Bakugou turned to Six to see her being wheeled into the back of an ambulance. Police followed the ambulances out of sight and Bakugou felt slightly lost. He wanted to go back inside and fight but his legs didn't respond. All he could do was watch the flashing lights disappear down the road until he couldn't hear the sirens anymore. He managed to look over at Seven again to find the boy had given up his struggles to go to his friends seeing as they were long gone. However, Bakugou knew that if Seven got free, he would most likely follow the sounds of the ambulances and possibly be fast enough to catch them, or at least keep up with them to a degree. Luckily, it seemed the cop holding him knew of this as well as he didn't put Seven down, even after Seven turned from where the ambulances had left. Seven looked up and the two locked eyes again. This time, Bakugou found himself unable to turn away. Instead he just stared blankly into Seven's eyes, chest heaving from the stress. He felt like he needed to apologise but he didn't what for. Seven's blue, innocent eyes didn't move from Bakugou, nor did he seem like he was blinking. Bakugou knew what he was asking. Are my friends okay? Unable to respond in any way, all Bakugou could do was try to think of a way to explain everything to a child. Seven just stared at him, waiting for an answer that Bakugou couldn't give him.

———

TL;DR

Upon calculating a time sensitive plan, Bakugou immediately acts quickly to save the three young children. After getting them out safely, paramedics race to save them. Successfully reviving Mono, the medics take the kids, but they are far from stability. Now Bakugou is plagued with the task of telling Seven.

Will the children make it through the night?

Can Bakugou explain the situation to Seven?

And what's Malakai's fate?

Find out later this month (hopefully)