Chapter 25

(Deku's POV)

The teenagers wasted no time in going to the police. Seven didn't say a word the entire way. When they got there, a cop took Seven to a different room to give them his statement but he refused to talk unless Kirishima was next to him.

"Tell them what you told us" Kirishima coaxed, rubbing Seven's back in comforting circles. Seven took in a shaky breath and re-explained everything again. Not that his story was any less detailed then the first time. The vivid memories would haunt him for a while more. The cop was very kind to the two and made sure not to sound harsh when talking to the scarred child.

Meanwhile, the rest of 1-A had shown up and currently spoke with the police force about what was going on.

"Why do you think they took them, ribbit?" Tsu asked, eyes wide with concern.

"I have an idea" a scruffy looking man spoke. All eyes were on him.

"We've been tracking a group of human traffickers who we've suspected to be working with the LoV. There have been rumours that their leader, Malakai, set a test for Shigaraki. This might have been it" he explained.

"Human trafficking?" Momo gasped, fists tightening to white in anger. How could anyone do that to children? The man nodded bitterly.

"Unfortunately, we don't have any plugs in yet" he continued, looking away in frustration.

"Do we at least know where they might be?" Sero asked. The man didn't respond but pulled down a map.

"Multiple missing persons files have been traced back to these areas. All have been linked to Malakai so we've estimated that their main base is located somewhere here" he said, pointing to a marked out area.

"Well, team up and spread out, let's find these kids before they get sent away to God knows where" another man called, presumably the chief. The students looked up hopefully to Aizawa who nodded once. They all rushed to go get changed into their hero costumes.

A while later and the teens were ready to roll out to the streets. Kirishima was about to leave as well when a small tug on his leg alerted him of Seven.

"Can I go with you?" Seven asked, quietly. He'd felt very guilty about the whole situation and apologised multiple times. Kirishima bent down to his level.

"Sev, you know I can't take you" Kirishima said. Seven's face dropped.

"Please? I want to help!" Seven begged. Kirishima didn't respond. "The lady said I can identify the van" he reasoned. Kirishima opened his mouth to reply but Seven spoke again. "I don't want to be alone" he finished quietly. Kirishima nodded silently, and, against his better judgment, agreed to let him follow.

(RG's POV)

The three were put into a small cell and given a small white box. RG was the first to go near it. When she opened it, she found it full of medical supplies which she took to Six and Mono. By now, Mono was slowly coming around again. Six, on the other hand, seemed to be getting worse. She kept forgetting things like how they got there or who the people were. Not that RG knew who they were either but Six kept forgetting that RG didn't know. Mono groggily sat up a bit more from his place on the floor. He seemed more alert.

"W-what's going on?" He asked. RG looked up from wrapping Six's head. She was trying her best to let Six see and keep it tight so it didn't fall off. Six looked at him and smiled.

"I don't know.." RG whispered. Mono looked around again. Mono felt his face and stared at his hand.

"I feel fuzzy" he muttered and activated his quirk. Some black pixels fizzed around his hand but they were small and soon disappeared from sight. Before any of the kids could say anything else, a man entered the room. He carried a small tray with a water bottle and a sandwich. He opened the cage and when the kids stood up, he pulled a gun from his back pocket and pointed it at Six.

"Nu uh uh" he warned, cocking it. The kids glared but sat down again. He placed the tray and locked them in once more. RG grabbed the items and opened the bottle. She took a small sip before passing it to Mono. He did the same and handed it to Six. They did the same thing with the sandwich.

"What should we do?" RG asked, rewrapping the sandwich. She didn't know how long they'd be there for. Mono shrugged and stood up to the cage bars. He focused and tried to teleport out of the cage but he was still feeling fuzzy. Six was resting now that the bleeding had stopped. RG sat sadly in the corner, not knowing what to do.

Hours had gone by and all the kids had left was a small dribble of water. Six was more alert now but still had a headache. Mono was getting frustrated at his inability to assist and RG was working on picking the lock.

"Do..do you think anyone is..looking for us?" Mono squeaked. RG nodded vigorously but her eyes betrayed her. Six growled and kicked the bars of the cage. The loud clang startled the other two.

"Of course they are!" She yelled. She held back the wince at her own volume.

"Oi! Shut up in there!" A voice called from the other room. Six glared at the bricks and kicked the cage again, louder. She kept kicking the cage in anger until the door burst open and two men charged in.

"I said 'shut up'!" One bellowed. Six glared and went to kick the cage bars but Mono held her back.

"Now which one of you brats is making the noise?" The second spat. He turned to Six accusingly.

"I am" Mono quickly said. The men stared at him before opening the cage and grabbing Six.

"Let me go!" She hissed.

"Maybe this will teach you" the second man said and quickly slapped Six across the face. She reeled back and Mono cried out. The first man kicked the girl and she fell to the floor.

"Six! Please, stop!" Mono called, running to Six's aid. The first man grabbed him by the arm before he could reach her. Mono reached out his left hand and let out a small burst of energy that knocked the guard back and freed himself. The guard growled in annoyance. The second left the room for a moment before returning with a small needle. The first held Mono back as he continued to flare his quirk whilst the second approached from behind. As quick as a flash, Mono was stuck with the needle and it's contents flowed through his veins. Six had recover by now but much worse for wear. Her lip was bleeding and she could feel the bruise already forming on her stomach. She hobbled over to Mono but just as she reached out to grab his hand, they were both pulled back into the cage. RG rushed to help them both shuffle back as now again both seemed disarmed.

"That should keep you both quiet" one of the men spat and they both left the room. RG got to work, helping to clean Six's lip. This was going to be one of the hardest challenges they had ever faced.