Chapter 14

(Deku's POV)

The students had returned home and the girls were very disappointed when they found out that the kids wouldn't be going. Midoriya noticed Mic first. He was hobbling along to the entrance with four sleeping kids in his arms. Midoriya opened the door for him when Mic reached it.

"Thanks," Mic sighed. Tsu came up to Mic and took RG from him. Kirishima was next to take back Seven. Jirou and Midoriya took Mono and Six. Tsu held RG on her hip and seemed comfortable holding her. Kirishima was cooing at Seven while cradling him awkwardly. Jirou held Six on her hip too and was quietly humming to her. Midoriya had never really held a child while it slept so he wasn't sure if he was doing it right. Uraraka laughed and took Mono from Midoriya and showed him how to hold the kid.

"See how I'm supporting his head and back?" Uraraka asked. She held Mono so that he was sitting on her left arm while her right one held his head and back. She also had Mono rest on her shoulder while his arms tucked under himself.

"This is called a shoulder hold/pose" she continued. Midoriya took back Mono and copied Uraraka.

"They are quite deep sleepers," Tokoyami mused. Mono uncurled his arms and wrapped them behind Deku's neck in a lazy hug.

"Guys look," Kirishima chuckled. Seven was running in his sleep and ever so slightly, kicking his legs like a dog would. Mic snickered slightly.

"Well, I need to get going. You should get them to bed" Mic said as he left.

"That isn't a bad idea," Kirishima said, looking down at Seven. Jirou nodded.

Back in his room, Midoriya placed Mono down on the tatamis. Mono rolled over and curled back into a ball and Deku smiled. It was nice to see the kids warming up. Ashido was upset that they couldn't go shopping and more so that the kids would be coming home like this for most of the week. He'd told her that maybe on the weekend and it seemed to cheer her up a bit until she realized that it was only Monday. Deku looked back down at Mono. The boy's chest rose and fell softly while quiet snores left his mouth. Midoriya opened the door as quietly as he could.

Once outside, Midoriya made his way to the elevator and went back to the commons. He was surprised to see Aizawa there.

"Oh, hi Aizawa-Sensei" he greeted. Aizawa nodded back.

"I've got some news regarding yours and Mirio's idea," Aizawa said. Midoriya waited in anticipation.

"Nezu has agreed to let them train. This is optional as they may not want to use their quirks the way we do. Training will start with the teachers and we'll decide when to hand them off to you. You will be teaching them special moves and strengthening their quirks. Do you understand?" Aizawa explained. Everyone in the commons nodded in agreement. Aizawa left the commons and headed for the teachers dorms. Midoriya went outside to train, unaware of the child following him.

(Bakugou's POV)

Bakugou was outside with a practice dummy. He was focussing on fighting technique instead of his quirk. Bakugou was beating up the dummy and imagining it's face as Deku's when he heard a rustle. Being outside at night and hearing a rustle wasn't a big deal for Bakugou but then he felt himself being watched. He continued one last punch to make whoever was watching think that Bakugou didn't know he was there. Suddenly, Bakugou swung his leg around in an attempt to kick whoever this spy was. A force stopped him from hitting the person.

"Nice reflexes, too bad you're not fast enough for this!" Bakugou yelled. He pulled out of the kick and swept his leg and tripped the person. Just as he planned, the person fell and Bakugou could see who it was.

"You? What the hell do you want, brat?" Bakugou hissed. Mono sat up and rubbed his head slightly.

"I j-just wanted to see you train!" Mono stammered. Bakugou raised an eyebrow.

"I..snuck out again and heard Aizawa say that he was going to train us. I didn't know what it would be like so I wanted to see what training was" Mono continued, looking away in embarrassment.

"Weren't you told not to sneak around? I could have killed you!" Bakugou snapped. Mono didn't respond but looked away guiltily.

"Are you going to tell the others?" Mono asked quietly.

"I'm no snitch!" Bakugou huffed, turning back to the dummy. Mono stood up and shuffled his feet awkwardly.

"What's with the dumb bag?" Bakugou asked rudely. Mono tensed slightly.

"I-I just like w-wearing hats, that's all-" Mono stuttered but was interrupted.

"Don't give me that shit! I can tell you're hiding something from me" Bakugou snapped, turning around and glaring down at Mono.

"I'm going to be the 1-hero someday and be better than AllMight, you think I can't tell if you're lying to me?" He spat bitterly. Mono sunk down into himself. Without another word, Bakugou yanked the paper bag off of Mono's head.

"Hey!" Mono yelped. Bakugou stared at his face. His skin was so pale and dull, it gave a purple tint. Mono's eyes were all pitch black and his hair was a dark brown.

"Can I have my bag back?" Mono pleaded, turning away in shame. Bakugou tusked and flung the bag to the boy.

"Isn't past your bedtime, brat?" He said bluntly. Mono put the bag on and crawled back into the darkness.

"And don't let me catch you again!" He yelled out though he couldn't see anyone.