Chapter 27

2 years babyyyy

Trigger warnings for this chapter: injury details, drugs

TL;DR will be at the end of the chapter 

———

(Toga's POV)

Two of the three children lay in the doorway and Toga could only guess that the third was behind them. She pulled her knife and got down to their level. Sure enough, the second girl stood just out of sight in the shadows.

"Come over to me" she mused innocently but didn't try to hide the knife. The two kids got up and glared at her.

"Toga, stop teasing them and just grab them," Dabi commanded. Toga groaned and grabbed the first girl's arm tightly. She retaliated by firing her quirk. A black mist made contact with her arm. Toga retreated slightly as she checked for damage. She rolled up her sleeve and saw her skin looking pale. Her arm felt heavy and weak but she shook away the feeling. The boy of the group pushed her behind him in a protective manner. Twice and Dabi moved in. The second girl pushed forward and spoke.

"Leave us alone!" She warned timidly. Twice laughed and was rewarded with a strong burst of water to the face. He glared at her. Dabi let a small flame in his hand.

"You shouldn't have done that," he scolded lowly. She held her position. The other two moved to stand next to her. The group stood there, staring each other down for a while.

"Should we get the others?" Toga whispered without breaking eye contact. Dabi shook his head slightly. Partly because he knew he could take them, another part thought they might escape and they would get punished. A final part of him empathised with the kids and didn't want to know what would happen if the leaders decided to punish the kids instead, they couldn't be older than 6. He would never admit that he was concerned though. Dabi shook his head clear of doubts and glared harder at the kids in front of him.

Neither side knew how long they had stood there, frozen at place. Toga was the one to set it all off when she tried to stab one of the girls. It all went mad after that. Each kid was surprisingly agile and fast and evaded most attacks. It helped that two of the kids seemed impaired. The brown haired girl used her quirk to wear her captures down. It was more annoying than anything because it was just water but she seemed skilled in her movements. Trained, almost. But she was still a young child and was somewhat easy to corner.

The boy and the girl with black hair seemed quite coordinated together. The girl had been beaten but had a good quirk which she used when needed. The boy had her back but Toga wasn't sure if he didn't have a quirk or just didn't use it. Getting tired of the kids' fruitless struggles, Toga noticed something next to her. She carefully picked it up. Dabi grew impatient and fired his quirk at the kids. It grazed the face of one of them. She yelped and held her face in pain.

"Six!" The boy yelled and rushed to her aid. The other girl also turned to check her friend. Twice darted in to separate them all from each other. He held the boy and the bronette by their coat jackets. The girl held her hands behind her back for a moment and then a large, strong burst of water crashed down on him, making him drop them. The girl continued to spray him with smaller bursts at the other man too but she was losing steam fast. The other girl, Six, charged Dabi and knocked him down but he kicked her off and she landed on the ground. While she was down, Toga realised she was the most resistant so ran to her but just as she was about to attack, the boy pulled her out of the way but instead got hit.

(Dabi's POV)

Toga was fast to strike at the kids. He looked down to the kids and they still seemed to be in a daze. The first girl, Six, strange name, had a slight scotch on her cheek but it wasn't much. The second girl looked tired, probably from over using her quirk. The boy stood in shock, staring at his arm where Toga stabbed him with an old used needle. Where she got it? Dabi could guess that it was probably lying around somewhere. The place was a dump. Whatever was in the needle, Dabi was somewhat more concerned about. The boy pulled the needle out and gave a weak smile to the others in an attempt to comfort.

"Mono!" Six yelled, mostly angry. She punched him in the other arm and frowned. "Stop trying to save me from everything! I can handle myself!" She remarked. Mono looked away guilty. This was obviously a long-standing problem between them. Mono. Why did these kids have such odd names?

Before Mono or any of the kids could do anything, Six was kicked harshly and the final girl was grabbed again. Twice held her tightly and glared at her, still upset about earlier. Mono went to move in their defence but stopped suddenly. He gagged and sounded like he was choking on something. He fell to the floor and continued to gag. Dabi turned him over to face him and noticed his lips turning blue.

"Damnit, Toga! He's overdosing!" He yelled. Toga blinked in surprise and looked at the needle on the ground.

"How was I supposed to know he would do that?" She retorted.

"You already drugged him in the car, did you really expect this wouldn't happen?" Dabi agured.

"That was laughing gas, he slept it off too" Toga reasoned. Dabi rolled his eyes and looked at Mono.

"What do we do?" Twice asked, still holding a squirming child. "We can't call an ambulance," he continued.

"No, we can't," Dabi mumbled. His mind raced with possibilities all while the young child gasped for breath as panic set in. He wouldn't be able to handle much more of this.

Dabi winced as a black mist surrounded him, draining his energy. He turned to see Six glaring whilst using her quirk against him. He returned with his quirk, knocking her off her balance.

Twice yelped as the child kicked him in the chest. She jumped free of his grasp and ran to a far corner. She looked around and spotted some old liquor bottles now repurposed as water bottles. She lifted the water inside whilst also taking the glass bottles into the air and flung them at her captors. Glass shattered and water sprayed the three adults. They covered themselves as glass shards rained down on them. It didn't last long as she soon ran out of bottles.

Six had recovered and ran towards Mono, attempting to pull him to a safer location than the middle of the fight. She was suddenly yanked by her hair backwards and forced to turn around to face Twice. They stared each other down for a second as Six flared her quirk in defence. Twice harshly grabbed her arm and painfully twisted it. Six bit her tongue in an attempt to stay quiet but the pain soon grew too much to handle and she cried out in anguish. Seemingly unsatisfied, Twice slammed her head to the ground, effectively making her nose pour with blood.

Toga turned the tides on the final girl by kicking the newly shattered glass into her face. She shielded herself which gave Toga an opening. She grabbed her by both hands but let go when the younger girl revealed her hands to be filled with glass shards and tossed them to her captor. A few of the shards managed to cut Toga's face. By the time Toga recovered, the girl had dashed off into the shadows somewhere. Toga growled, having underestimated the skills of these children, an error she would not commit a second time.

———

TL;DR

Dabi, Twice and Toga discover the kids and a fight ensues. Six gets beaten up a bit, RG is using her quirk a lot (and developing a new enemy in Twice) and Mono gets injected with some drugs and starts over-dosing. Can Six save her friends? Will Twice get even with RG? And is Dabi sympathising with the kids? Find out..

*pause for effect*

 Next time when I scrap enough motivation together!