Chapter 17

(Six's POV)

Six woke up and looked at Jirou's phone. Thursday, 2:37am. Six wasn't sure what the numbers meant, or the first word really. Six wasn't taught to read yet. She never went to school like Mono had, even if the school he went to wasn't the best. The girl signed and looked down at herself. It was warm that night so she had reluctantly taken off her coat. She went to pick it up and put it back on but she still felt too warm to do so. Six huffed and sat back down on her bed.

Jirou's room was nice, in a way. There were so many cool new things that Six had never seen before. Although Jirou was embarrassed by her room at first, she relaxed when Six complimented it.

"Six?" A tired voice called. Six lazily turned her head to face Jirou. "What are you doing up? It's 2:40 in the morning" Jirou said, checking her phone. Six shrugged.

"Got bored". Six didn't talk much. She and Mono almost always knew what each other were thinking so it was kinda freaky yet impressive watching the two do things without saying a word.

"Well, do you wanna do some drawing?" Jirou asked. Six nodded slightly. Jirou got up and fished around her desk for some paper and pens. Once she found some, she sat them down on her desk and pulled the chair out for Six to get on. Six jumped up to it but slid off due to the height. Six huffed, upset and tried to climb up the chair. Jirou, nervous Six might hurt herself, gently picked up the child from behind and placed her on the chair. Six was surprised but said nothing and grabbed the pen.

As Six scribbled away, Jirou knew she couldn't go back to sleep and so began to get ready.

After brushing her hair, Jirou went to clean her teeth. She decided to let Six know where she was going first.

"Hey Six, I'm just going to clean my.." Jirou trailed off when she saw what six had drawn. A tin can? It had a handle on the top and little drawings on it's base. A big open eye on it's centre. It kinda looked creepy from the way Six had scribbled it out with a pen. It was even more creepy that Six was just staring at it sadly, tracing the handle with her hand.

"What are you drawing?" Jirou asked kindly. Six didn't respond at first.

"My music box" she whispered.

"It's very nice," Jirou smiled. Six stopped tracing.

"I had to leave it behind. It was my only thing" Six whimpered. Jirou didn't know what to say.

"Mono sometimes hums it to me but...it's not the same" Six mumbled. Jirou rubbed Six's back comfortingly.

In the bathroom, Jirou cleaned her teeth and wondered how she could help comfort Six. An idea popped into her head and Jirou saw her reflection's eyes widen at the thought. It was a brilliant idea! She finished cleaning her teeth and rushed back to her room to start on her idea.

She was quite surprised to see Mono at the door. He smiled at her and said good morning.

"Does Deku know you're out here?" Jirou asked. Mono nodded.

"I came to see if Six was up," Mono explained. Jirou nodded and let him in her room. Six seemed surprised but happy to see Mono. She jumped off the chair and landed perfectly to Jirous surprise. The two hugged and Six showed Mono her drawing.

"Woah. Your really good at drawing, Six!" Mono awed. Six huffed, embarrassed at the compliment and playfully punched Mono. The boy whined and complained but the two laughed it off. Jirou smiled as the two kids began to talk. She sat down at her desk and started to work on her new idea.

(Deku's POV)

It was pretty ironic that today of all days Mono asked to see Six. Midoriya wanted to do a little training session with All Might but it would have been hard to do so if he had to bring Mono. There would be some serious liability if anything happened to the boy but he unknowingly solved this when he asked to see Six. Midoriya thought it was a little strange but agreed.

It had been a few hours but still not time for class yet. Most of the students were chatting in the commons while the kids played with some foam blocks, claiming to be re-creating the Pale city. A loud crash then bang made everyone jump. The students quickly realised it was just a storm but the younger kids didn't. Seven had jumped into the air, Six seemed unfazed, Mono seemed quite disappointed about the rain, RG's head darted in every direction while she tried to figure out the noise. Deku had returned, soaked but refreshed.

"Yeah, the rain set in," he smiled awkwardly.

"Aww, we'll have to do theory and studying~" Ashido whined, slumping in her seat.

"Seven, are you hurt?" Todoroki asked in his monotone voice. Everyone looked to Seven who was tightly clutching his ears.

"Why is it so loud?" The skittish boy winced.

"Don't you like the sound of rain, ribbit?" Tsu asked, surprised.

"I've never heard it this loud before. It's much quieter when you're in the Maw" Seven protested. A shadow loomed over the boy. Seven looked up to see Tokoyami handing him something.

"Noise canceling headphones" Tokoyami explained and passed them down. Seven took them and put them on. Tokoyami left quietly without making eye contact with anyone. Seven smiled as the world grew more quiet and continued playing with the blocks. Deku looked over to see Mono had wandered off somewhere.

Deciding to kill two birds with one stone, Deku chose to change into some dry clothes whilst going up each floor to look for the boy. Up on the second floor, Deku changed from his wet clothes into his dry and warm uniform. As Deku searched the floor, he spotted a silhouette by the window.

"Mono?" Deku called out. The boy didn't move from his spot, appearing to not have heard him. Deku walked over and sat beside Mono.

"Everything okay?" Deku tried. Mono stared at the glass, watching as heavy rain fell.

"He's angry," Mono blankly explained. Deku was confused.

"Who is?".

"It rains all the time in the Pale city because someone is sad. He's angry now" Mono said, fear starting to lace his voice. Deku was starting to piece together now. Mono's hand trembled violently as he took a step away from the window.

"Something bad is going to happen"

Sorry it's been so long but I thought I should get this up for my accounts 1 year anniversary :)