??

Mono ran. He ran as fast as he could but he had no chance of being as fast as Six. She was already ahead but when he tripped, he had to run twice as fast. The bridge began to crumble, much worse than before. Chancing a look behind him, Mono's heart froze. The base of the bridge the two were running on, had just crumbled down into the abyss. Glancing back at Six, she was safely on the other side, already turning to Mono. She stood in front of a glowing static filled screen-like door. The path in front of Mono fell, too. He was now running on a falling length of concrete. Mono jumped, mind and heart racing. Six's hand caught him, barely. Mono's body hit the concrete from the momentum but he soon came to a halt, dangling freely. Daring to look down, all Mono could see was a dark, all consuming void below him. Returning his gaze to Six, Mono felt his body become completely still. Her face was scrunched in pain, evidently holding Mono was tiring. Both their hands were coated in sweat from the anxiety and stress, further worsening her grip. Mono slid a bit further down to the darkness.

"Six!" Mono warned, reflexively attempting to pull himself closer to her. Six grunted as she struggled to keep him from falling. Suddenly, Mono got the awful sense of free-fall, of dread, of impending doom and death.

Mono and Six felt another rumble shake the bridge.

Time seemed to slow, even freeze.

Six lost her balance, free arm shot out to steady herself.

Mono felt his body rattle, his fingernails digging into Six's hand on instinct.

Six froze in place, eyes wide and focused on one thing.

Mono screamed as he suddenly felt the full force of gravity.

She'd let go.

Six watched as the form of the boy got smaller until he disappeared into the abyss.

Six dropped him.

———

Oh? I wonder what this is?

I don't know when I'll start posting this, most likely February but also maybe January 

As I'm feeling nice, I'll even give you the name (and runner-up name) for this mysterious sequel :

Runner-up:

'Untrusted Love: The Squeakquel'

New book:

'The Future, the Past and the Ugly (Untrusted Love: Electric Boogaloo)'

See you next year