Chapter 16

(Seven's POV)

"So how was your first day?" Kirishima asked, brushing the gel out of his hair.

"Good, Nezu gave me this," Seven replied, pulling out his knife.

"Woah, that's a manly dagger!" Kirishima awed, admiring the shine of the blade. The nome chatted and clicked. Seven smiled back and playfully ruffled the nome's coned head. It let out a long rattle, yawning and settled down on the bed.

"You must be tired, huh Sev?" Kirishima chuckled. Seven nodded and stretched his back. He fell back and was asleep before he could get under the cover. Kirishima smiled and tucked the boy in. Seven pulled Kirishima's hand to a hug. The student felt his heart melt but soon realised he was stuck in the boy's grasp. Kirishima replaced his own hand for the sleeping nome. Seven stirred slightly before going back to a deep slumber.

Seven awoke earlier. He could see Kirishima still asleep. Seven sighed and wonder what time it would be. He remembered one of his only human friends. Flashlight. They didn't meet up much but would occasionally run into each other. Flashlight was brave and smart with a strong will. Flashlight often taught Seven things. She was older than him and knew so much more. She taught him how to tell the time and how to find weak spots in the Maw. She had been recently teaching him how to read. He was doing really well but then... he woke up here. He wondered how Flashlight was doing now. Seven didn't notice the silent tear roll down his face. He felt sad and sick. Seven felt two small hands wrap around his waist. Seven smiled in the dark and hugged his nome back.

"Thank you" Seven whispered to his little friend, though he wished that it made him feel better. The two stayed hugging for a moment more before they laid down again and went back to sleep. Seven couldn't escape his thoughts and found himself in a nightmare. Running from the ever closing darkness.

Seven woke up again. Light was peeking from behind the curtains. Dawn had broken. Seven sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"Morning" Kirishima said brightly. He had gotten into uniform and was doing his hair.

Seven mumbled in response.

"I think breakfast has already been made for you guys" Kirishima prompted with a smirk. Seven nodded and stretched. The nome woke up and chattered a bit. Seven went to the door and picked up his nome. Kirishima watched as Seven flung it into the air. On it's descent, it grab the doorknob, using gravity to open the door. Kirishima was impressed as the two nonchalantly left for the elevator.

Already waiting in the elevator was RG.

"Oh, hi Seven" she greeted. Seven smiled back and stood beside her.

"Hey um, RG?" He started, catching the girl's attention. "Do you ever get homesick?" He asked, his cheeks turning pink from embarrassment. RG tapped her chin in thought.

"I don't really remember much of my past or home, so I would have to say no. Why?" She answered.

"N-no reason" Seven stuttered while digging his face into the nome.

The elevator dinged as the two reached the commons. Mono and Six were already there.

"Hey" Mono called out, waving them over. They joined together and sat at the table, heads and upper bodies peeking over the top. Midoriya was there today. He placed a bowl and spoon in front of each of them and they looked inside. Little rings of colour.

"Some of us went shopping the other day and we thought you might like Fruitloops" Midoriya explained. Six, of course, took the first bite. She chewed and went for another bite. Mono soon dug in too. He smiled happily from under his bag. Seven grabbed a handful of them and passed them to his nome. It crunched away on them.