Chapter 31

(Mono's POV)

When Mono opened his eyes, he was back in the dark room, still holding his hands to the screen. Had he blacked out? For how long? He shook his head free of distractions and stared at the TV in front of him, regretting his choice of shaking his already pounding head. Positioning both hands firmly on the screen, he closed his eyes and a rushing energy flowed through him. Mono felt like he needed to question what was happening to him but also felt as if this was supposed to happen. Mono looked around to see that a swarm of static from the TV was now surrounding him, flickering wildly like a fire against strong winds. Instead of more static on the TV in front of him, Mono saw thousands of scenes flash on it. It took him a moment to realise that he was seeing out the other end of other TVs. Straining to keep the TV on, Mono inhaled deeply.

"Deku!" He yelled over the crackling of static. The flashes slowed down slightly and Mono could guess that the TVs were narrowing down to a location.

"Seven! Deku!" He called again, desperate to find them. Were the TVs.. finding Deku? Mono felt his grip loosen on the glass in front of him. Neither he or the screen would be able to go on much longer.

"Deku!" He screamed, his lungs burning and heaving. The sound of glass cracking filled his ears as the screen began to give out. The static surrounding Mono began to weaken and the scenes flickered. He didn't have much time.

"Please! Deku-!" Mono begged, tears filling his eyes when a loud crash attacked his eardrums. The TV screen shattered and sent Mono backwards, hitting his head on the floor. Mono stared up at the ceiling, blurry sounds swarmed him but he didn't care to decrypt them. He was so tired. So, so tired. All he could do was close his eyes and finally rest.

(Midoriya's POV)

Midoriya sighed again. He was standing outside an old club, the most suspected location of Malakai. He was waiting outside after the police had searched the place. No sign of anyone. He and Kacchan had been paired together but the whole class had rushed over to this location. He looked over to the others. Jirou was fiddling with her earphone-jacks anxiously while Mina squeezed her shoulders and attempted to reassure her. Tsu was on the brink of tears while Uraraka tried to calm her down. Kirishima was clutching Seven protectively, glaring at the club. Midoriya didn't blame him, he too felt incredibly restless. Ready to fight anything just to get to the kids. Taking a small breath, he turned to Kacchan who was looking slightly at Kirishima and Seven. Midoriya had a feeling that he secretly cared for the kids even if they had only interacted a couple of times. Seven looked up to Kacchan and they met eyes. Seven's eyes were puffy and still full of tears. Kacchan gave the tiniest of nods but looked away quickly before Seven could make any attempt to reply. It was getting late and it was already dark out. Midoriya closed his eyes, cold night air kissing his face when the sounds of footsteps brought him back. Kirishima stood by him and Kacchan, still holding Seven in his arms. The police had given them a blanket which was wrapped around Seven. He looked tired but was refusing to go back to the dorms, which Midoriya could understand. Kirishima and Kacchan shared a look, a silent conversation playing out between them.

"Deku?" A small weak voice got his attention. Midoriya bent down slightly to be eye to eye with Seven.

"Yeah?" He replied softly.

"Do you think we'll find them?". Midoriya sighed quietly to himself.

"I'm sure we will," Midoriya said, forcing a smile. He put a hand on the boy's head, feeling how cold he was.

"How are you holding up?" A new voice asked. Midoriya stood up and looked at Kirishima.

"Not great," he said, laughing slightly. A silence filled the air, no one knowing what to say. The silence didn't last long as chatter from the police picked up. The three boys looked over to the scrambling police officers calling to each other.

"We're picking up a strange signal"

"It's coming our way!"

"Brace yourselves!". Kirishima wrapped his arms around Seven and the students prepared for whatever was coming. The world got deathly quiet when a weak pulse rushed through, rattling the bones of everyone.

"What was that?!" Kacchan snapped, turning to an officer. Before the young man could respond, the sounds of static far away alerted them. The noise got louder and louder until every screen nearby switched on, the ones behind turned off behind them as if something was moving through them. Midoriya took out his phone as it too switched on. He tried turning it off again but it remained. Everything was illuminated by a white glow as the screens lingered.

"What the..?" Kirishima murmured.

"Deku!" A voice sounded from the screens, immediately catching everyone off guard and their attention.

"Mono?" Midoriya gripped his phone. "Mono, can you hear me?" He asked, desperately staring into the static.

"Seven! Deku!" He cried out again. Seven felt tears as he heard his name.

"Mono!" He called back, trying to get a better look at the phone.

"Someone start tracking the goddamn signal!" Kacchan bellowed to the police behind them.

"Deku!" Mono's voice sounded pained and weak.

"Mono hold on, where are you?" Midoriya questioned, despite Mono's lack of responses, implying that he couldn't hear him.

"Please! Dek-!" Mono was cut off and all screens turned off again.

"Someone tell me we got the location" someone called out. There was a general mummer of explanation but no one said they had it.

"What do you mean? He told you" Seven pointed out, confused. All eyes were on him.

"Seven? What are you talking about?" Kirishima asked.

"106-0031. He said that" Seven repeated and the police got back to frantically running around. "It was repeated in the static," he continued.

"Seven, that was your quirk!" Kirishima remarked, smiling proudly at his charge.

"That's the restaurant! Let's go!" The chief yelled as everyone began to pack up and drive away.

"You did it, Seven!" Midoriya praised. Seven's eyes were wide, trying to comprehend everything but the group soon began their way over. This was it. It had to be.

———

Sorry for the janky chapter, the next few will be like this.

Also the coordinates Seven heard are real. If you get bored, try Googling them 

Happy Pride month!