Chapter 12

(Ashido's POV)

The girls played as they swam around with the kids. It was great to see them all warming up finally. Mono was learning to swim with Tsu while Seven and Six swam up underneath him. Seven liked being under the water while Six enjoyed poking Mono from below. RG used her quirk to form small bubbles of water that drifted lazily around the pool. Ashido smiled as Seven came up for air near her. He smiled at her and dove back down and reappeared by RG who was sitting with Eri on her float. Eri held the nome as it rattled to her. A bubble of water burst above Seven as he gasped for air.

"Sorry Seven. I can't hold them for very long" RG said, smiling apologetically. Seven nodded, accepting her apology.

"So you really can understand him?" Eri asked Seven, cradling the nome.

"Yeah. He likes you" Seven replied, climbing on the raft. Seven's hair dropped with water and stuck to his face. A warm breeze had no effect on his hair as it passed but gently tussled with RG's and Eri's. Eri brushed her long hair out of her mouth.

"Want me to braid your hair?" RG offered.

"Will it hurt?" Eri asked. RG shook her head and smiled comfortingly at her. Eri hesitantly nodded. RG got to work on Eri's long bluey grey hair.

"Seven, can you go get us a ribbon or something?" RG asked, turning to her friend. Seven smiled and dove into the water making a light splash.

Ashido felt tiny hands grab hers and she looked down to see Mono holding on to her.

"What's it like being a hero?" He asked, slouch hat covering his eyes. She smiled at him and told him stories of what pro-heros could do and have done. Mono listened to every word like it was her last. Giggles were heard in the background as RG tackled Six into deeper water and the two swam around together.

"So how does your quirk work again? Only Midoriya knows really" Ashido asked. Mono thought for a moment on how to describe it to her.

"I hear frequencies that let me do stuff others can't. Mostly teleport and turn space into solids. I can't move things with my mind though" Mono tried.

"So.. the frequency is like wifi?" Ashido guessed. Mono wasn't sure what 'wifi' was but nodded anyway.

"What's yours?" Mono asked.

"I can create acid from my body," she explained.

"Hey Mono, I've been meaning to ask, why do you always wear a paper bag?" Ashido asked. Mono thought for a moment. He had only told Six but he knew he could trust these people. He would just tell her the half truth.

"I just really like wearing hats," he said. It was true but the reason he liked doing so.. he didn't like talking about.

"Oh my god! I just had another great idea!" Ashido squealed. Mono stared at her, confused though she couldn't see it.

"We could take you guys shopping! We can buy you foods and clothes and drinks and show you around!" Ashido listed excitedly.

"We have school tomorrow though," Jirou pointed out. Mono could almost see Ashido deflate in realization.

"We could take them afterwards," Yaoyorozu suggested.

"Momo you are a genius!" Ashido gushed. Mono treaded water as Six swam over.

"Hide me" she pleaded and swam behind Mono.

"Why?" He asked. "Are the hands back?! Tell me it's not the hands!" Mono begged.

"No, worse! RG wants to style my hair" Six whispered, looking around for where she might be.

"Six~" a joyful voice called behind them. Six screamed and dove under the water but RG smirked. Six was suddenly spat out of the pool and floated in a bubble of water that was a few inches off the pool.