Chapter 11: End of The Road

My alarm went off and I slowly got up. I was exhausted I didn't sleep a single bit. Between Weston snoring and the constant fear of being shot I got no sleep. I let my feet dangle off the bed for a second, yawning. I stood up stretching. I noticed the snoring stopped I looked over at Weston and he was still asleep? Oh no. I ran over to him I put my hand by his nose. No breath. He wasn't breathing. I put my hand to his neck, there was a pulse. "Great, here goes nothing." I straddled him putting my hands to his chest I gave him a shove and he shot up wrapping his arms around me sucking in a breath.

I put my hand back to his neck, pulse was strong. He looked into my eyes worried "What the hell..."

I cut him off "You have sleep apnea. You should get that checked." He looked at me funny "It means you hold your breath in yourself. It seems very serious in your case. Now I need to worry about you dying on the couch." I got out of his hold. I stood there for a second thinking "Weston?" I turned to him and he was already still staring at me "You should come to work with me. I can get you in to see someone."

He laughed "Nope. I am fine."

I punched his arm and he looked from his arm to me. I spoke "You are coming. You need to be treated before you hold your breath and die."

He kept looking into my eyes, damn they are blue as fuck "I won't unless you are my doctor."

I sighed looking back at my closet "Fine, but that means you come with me to work then."

He nodded stretching out "I was coming anyway. I have to protect you." He smiled at me and narrowed my eyes "Now please go change, I can't pretend it's not affecting me seeing you in that." He pointed to my body.

I rolled my eyes "No self-control?" he shook his head slowly. I rolled my eyes going into my closet. I changed into my scrubs in no time. It's not a fashion show. I put my curly hair into a low bun. I grabbed my stethoscope and put it around my neck while clipping my badge on. I walked out to the bed putting on my black sketchers. I looked up at him as I grabbed my bag "Ready?"

He smiled "Whenever you are."

We walked into the kitchen I heard someone yelling into the phone "I don't care what he says. I'll kill him if he doesn't send me my money. That's a promise."

I froze and Weston ran into me "You ok, Darlin?"

I turned smirking at him "That is the worst country accent I have ever heard."

He raised his eyebrows "I am offended. I am from Louisiana. Rude."

We were laughing when I heard his voice "Good morning to you both. Seems you two are getting along great." I turned to him leaning in the doorway on his phone not even looking at us "Weston no one comes to the house between seven to eleven tonight. I have a meeting."

"Is that a meeting where someone gets shot?"

Weston grabbed my shoulder shaking his head no. James looked up to meet my eyes "Listen Doll, my business isn't your concern."

I crossed my arms "I get off at eight tonight what am I supposed to do for three hours?"

He looked back down at his phone "You can do Weston." With that, he walked into an office slamming the door.

"I am so fucking dead because of you."

I looked at him funny "What?"

He grabbed my arm harshly it was the first time Weston made me feel unsafe "Listen, I know it's hard for you to submit and follow orders but your little outburst will not only cost my life but yours. Watch it. You are pushing your luck."