Chapter 14: Change of Scenery

I blinked "The tech company Stark Industries?"

He laughed "Yes it's my front but I am sure from the events that unfolded you know I am a mafia boss of the shield."

I stared at him trying to sit up straighter "Let me get this straight. I am forced to work in a gang only to be captured by one and questioned. Then saved by one? I have a feeling you want something too."

He shook his head with his arms crossed "No not at all. I save people like you from the clutches of the mob. Simple. I got a tip someone important in the mafia was held captive. The tip came from someone undercover Mr. Steve Rodgers."

I froze "Excuse me?"

He laughed "Steve works for me. I have had him in my gang since he was 16. He tried to save you at the hospital but they shot him. Not to worry though he is alive. Nothing can kill that man it seems."

I couldn't wrap my head around this. I laid back trying to calm my breathing. "So what now. What do you do with me? Brainwash me?"

He laughed "Not at all. I would like to set you free. I do have an offer for you though, only if you are interested."

I narrowed my eyes "I knew it. Well, go on."

"Fiesty, I like it. I want to offer you training. Training with a gun, and fighting."

I just laid there. This is my chance. I can learn and better myself. I could train into a fucking badass and takedown James. I looked right into Tony's eyes "When do we start?"

He smiled at me "Well right now there is a manhunt for you. I am going to keep it that way. You need to stay here for the next month."

I looked at him with wide eyes "Only a month?"

He laughed "Doctor, you would be surprised how the body learns things."

I nodded. I did know. Bodies are ever adapting and I want this so bad. I knew I would be able to do it. "Ok, let's start."

----

"HIGHER!" he huffed hanging his head "AMANDA YOUR KICKS HAVE TO BE HIGHER!"

I let out a huff as the sweat trailed down my face. I have been working on my MMA for two weeks now. I lack with upper body and my high kicks. The guy came at me as if to wrap around my waist and I moved to avoid his death grip. If there was anything I learned was the weakness of each man I fought. I moved behind him knocking his legs out and fracturing the tibia. He cried out and I backed up "Shit....I am so sorry. I didn't realize my own strength!"

Tony walked into the ring clapping with a big smile on his face. I dropped next to Antonio "You'll just need a splint and this will heal right up... again I am so sorry."

He patted my back "Don't worry about it. You did really good." Two guys came in to take him away. I looked at Tony.

"Impressive. Thrid guy this week you have sent away to the medical wing. You have advanced so well. I think you are ready for the main opponent."

I shook my head like crazy "Tony, not a chance. I am not ready... Let me take a break."

He nodded smiling "Go to the gun range pop some off. Dinner is in one hour. don't be late again."

I rolled my eyes "It was one time!"

I walked out of the ring taking off the tape on my hands. I walked past the mirror. I was visibly stronger. My muscles were more defined on my arms and legs. Shit, I wouldn't mess with me if I saw this beast coming at me. I will forever be in Tony's debt. Still, on edge thinking, he has an ulterior motive. I couldn't help but think how Steve, Levi, and Weston are holding up. James, I could care less about and Oliver was supposed to be protecting me. I hate them. At least Steve tried.

The Surgeonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें