Chapter 53: Fun And Games

I walked into everyone running up to me. "Oh MY GOD AMANDA!" Pietro was running up to me. I laughed hugging him back.

I moved to embrace Clint "Nice to see you are alive."

I laughed "Always a pleasure Clint."

Beverly was standing in the background Crying while hugging her son. I walked over and she pushed Levi away to pull me into her arms.

Levi's jaw dropped to the ground he looked so hurt "Ok, Ok, I see how it is. She takes a tumor out and replaces me as the favorite. GOT IT." We both rolled our eyes at him pulling him into our now, group hug. He smiled down at us "Much better. Thanks."

I parted from the hug and looked at Beverly "Wait why are you here?"

She smiled at me "Walk with me?" I nodded and she linked our arms. We went outside and walked along the tree line outback. "I know, dear..."

I squinted my eyes "About what exactly?"

Her eyes went wide "You mean to tell me you are keeping secrets from... me?"

My face heated up. Why yes Bev. I am bonking both sons and have no idea what exactly I am doing anymore, that make sense? "No, um I just have a lot of other things going on in my life."

She nodded "That's what I know. I have been keeping a secret myself." I was literally going to shit myself if she didn't spit it out. "I know about the mafia."

I turned to her with wide eyes "Excuse me?"

She nodded "I knew when I married the boy's father exactly what I was getting myself into." I was staring at her in disbelief. She smiled at me sweetly "Also, I know something is going on between you and Levi." I looked at her funny. I didn't think it was that obvious. She rolled her eyes moving me to look back at the house. Just as we turned Levi spun around moving from the window. I sighed.

"Ok, I am in a horrible situation and I am not sure I should talk to you about...them?"

She laughed "Hunny if anyone is qualified to talk to you about those two knuckle heads, it's me."

I sighed "Beverly it's complicated."

She nodded "I know it is. They are complete opposites. You need to also think if this life is for you or not. If you are not sold on the mafia then neither are the right fit. Levi might hate the mafia and try to leave every now and then," She paused looking back at the house "But he always comes back..."

I nodded "I noticed. He wanted to be a surgeon to help people instead of kill, but I see the way he is in ... action. He lives in that moment. It's kinda scary."

She nodded "James on the other hand. When I see that boy, if I ever see him, I am going to lock him up. He breaths off the mafia-like it's his lifeline. He's the one that needs a break."

I nodded and she hugged me again "Sorry, you just can't take any time for granted. I did with my husband and as you can see he's not here."

I squeezed her back "Don't ever apologize for hugging me. I lost my parents young, I know what it's like to lose someone and think back on everything you could have done differently."

She nodded patting my face. "Let's head back inside before Levi starts having a heart attack. He is a very sweet boy but he can be very ... protective."

I sighed nodded "Ohhhh, yeah."

We giggled walking in and Levi played it cool sitting at the table pretending to talk to Clint about bows. It was comical. I sat at the table looking at everyone, being in the moment. I am not sure we will have a moment like this again. Tony sat next to me bumping his shoulder into mine on purpose "Ok kid so what are we doing about this whole Sicilian mafia shit?"