Chapter 37: Rinse, Repeat, Déjà Vu

I woke up on Loki's chest. I rolled out of his arms. It felt wrong being with him. Every part of my body wanted to run away from him. He tortured me. Why the change of heart. I rubbed my face getting up and heading to the closet. I remembered the closet stocked with scrubs clothes and pajamas. I noticed a section in the back that had lingerie. No chance of me using that at all. I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that Loki thinks I believe the whole tumor thing. This is just another trick to get my sympathy trying to make me feel sorry for him. It won't work.

I slipped my regular high-waisted full coverage underwear on and white sports bra on. I was putting my pants on when I heard him "Oh shit sorry." I turned to his back facing me. I finished putting my pants on.

I felt the heat in my face. God, how embarrassing. I should of shut the door, my head is everywhere. "What do you need?"  I was putting on my scrub top fumbling with the shirt holes.

He cleared his throat "I um, I am going to join you today for obvious reasons. I need to make sure Levi doesn't try anything."

I slowly walked over to him "No, I have to go with your men only. I need you here so I know you are safe. I cant take a gang if you are dead. They won't follow me, especially if I was the one that got you killed."

He smiled "Strictly business, I like it. Ok, see you right after."

I nodded heading out. I brushed past him on my way to the door. I heard him suck in a breath. Please dear god do not tell me he is falling for me also, I am at my limit with these men. I have been nothing but rude to him. I even killed his men and WIFE. He is seriously deranged. I walked outside to the lime green wrangler. I looked at his men "Is there anything a little less... in your face?" They laughed opening the door. "I guess not."

We pulled up and I noticed six black SUVs. Great, this was going to be a fucking mess "Hey can I have one of your guns? I know that sounds ridiculous but ill need one if I'm going to fight Hydra."

The men shard a look. One spoke up "Here take mine. I am not that good with aim so, me having one isn't plausible." I nodded taking it and putting it into my scrub bottoms. I made a note to torture him. WHO the fuck is in a mafia with bad aim THAT IS ASSIGNED A BODYGUARD ROLL? He looked at me "Well she is not going to shoot"

I rolled my eyes "Idiots, I am going to be the leader of this gang why would I shoot my men?" even though I am fighting the urge to kill this stupid man. His eyes got wide and they all nodded. "Now, let's go."

It was all in slow motion for me. I saw Hydra men waiting outside. I stretched out my neck letting out a sigh. It was his best men. The assassins. I had all three men behind me as I walked to the front of the hospital. They started to come at me and two of the men came forward pushing them aside. They looked at me with wide eyes as I moved forward without looking at them.

I walked past hordes of men. I kept my head low and the three men kept me in a triangle of hiddenness. We got to my office and I already knew what was behind the door. I walked into Oliver standing at the door with Levi pacing behind him and Steve at my desk. I sighed "Can yall ever leave me alone, Damn." They stared at me with stone-cold faces. "Could you leave my office please I am not in the mood to shoot anyone."

Their eyes got wide. Levi searched my face. He nodded walking out. Oliver watched Levi walkout. He went to speak but Levi grabbed his arm pulling him out "Call off the search. She's gone."

Steve stood up with a little attitude "you're teaming with Loki now? I never expected you to be this fucking stupid." He went to walk out and one of the men stopped him.

"Apologize to the lady or we shoot you where you stand."

I turned to grab their arms "Let him leave."