Chapter 28: Too Soon

Weston pulled up to my old apartment. He pulled into a guest spot. He got out and led the way. I followed in a daze. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that me and James just broke up or had a fight? Wait were we even officially together? I am not even sure what is happening at this point. I know he fucked that stripper. I know it. James is ruthless. From what Tony told me, he really has no soul. I am seeing that now. He never loved me. It was a show to take me out of the zone. He saved his own ass and will save his own ass for his whole life. Selfish prick. Weston opened my door and was shot with a taser. I stayed in the hall hiding on the left side of my door.

"Don't tell me he's your new boyfriend?"

I peeked around the corner meeting Thor's eyes. He laughed opening his arms "Tony sent me. He was worried you haven't called. Wanna come home?" I ran into his arms hiding my face in his chest. He grabbed me tight and stroked my head "Who the fuck hurt you?" I just let the tears roll while he held on to me.

I wiped my tears away looking up at him "I want to go home. Let me pack my stuff. I miss Morgan." He chuckled as I went down the hall. I paused "Weston lives though. I want him to come with us."

He rolled his eyes "Seriously him? Tony will not allow one of Hydras dogs to enter his arena."

I laughed "He's not one of their dogs he's MINE."

His eyes went wide and he smiled "Damn, poor boy indeed." I rolled my eyes walking into my room packing. I am happy to see Thor but I am massively hurt still. I feel like my chest is going to fall out of my body. My heart is already destroyed. I can't even think straight right now. How I am functioning is autopilot. I heard chatter in the living room. Weston must be active now. I heard a loud smash. Ahh shit, what now? I ran out with my duffle slung over my shoulder with my hands raised ready to fight.

I looked at Weston who was cracking a beer smiling at me as he took a sip "Payback."

Thor was on the ground. He was thrown through my table. I held in a giggle. "So you can fight?"

He rolled his eyes "Yeah, I know. Real funny."

"Let's go. You can carry the dead weight."

He looked at me funny "Where are we going?"

"To see Tony."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We pulled up. I started to get a better feeling in my stomach. I felt safe and excited to see tony. I needed to see him anyway since Loki's time is up. I need to claim what is rightfully mine now. Damn, I sound strange even to myself. Six months ago I didn't even think this life was real, now here I am neck deep in shit about to take over my own gang. Fucking crazy.

Morgan was jumping up and down by the front door while we pulled up. As soon as the doors unlocked I ran up to her hugging her so tight. "Amanda! You came back!"

I smiled at her as I moved her to my hip "Of course I did. You know you're my favorite person in the whole world."

"Daddy said you were only coming back for him... I knew he was wrong."

I tickled her neck "He was SOO wrong."

"Who was wrong?" I put Morgan down running into Tony's arms. "Good to have you back Kiddo. What took so long?"

I blinked back tears "I um... Sorry."

He scrunched his eyebrows together. He stared into my eyes longer and he sighed pulling me back in stoking my hair "It will get better. The feeling of love never goes away, we just cope with the loss. We get stronger. Take this experience and use it to fuel your actions." I nodded in his chest. I was hurting so bad he could see it in my eyes. Damn.