Chapter 31: We're Even

-Above photo is Weston Still-

He sucked in a breath. His hands gripped his side "You- you fucking shot me?!"

I dropped the gun, running to him. Weston came running out with the first aid kit "You fucking shot him?! Damn, does this mean you like me more?"

I punched his arm taking the kit "No, you ever cheat or hurt me ill do the same to you." James looked up at him.

He pointed his finger at Weston "I'll fuckin....." he coughed up blood "I'll kill you." Weston scoffed walking back into the house slowly leaving me alone with James. I knew he was looking at me. I was busy saving his life after I tried to end it. I was just so mad at him. How could he break up with me over something stupid? How could he end us because of something he was told EIGHT fucking years ago. I shook my head at my thoughts and James chuckled "Want to tell me what's going on in that pretty little head?"

I jabbed my hand inside the wound and he yelled out "First off. Shouldn't you be fucking your pathetic whores?" He smirked at me and I twisted in further. He grunted out. I contributed "Second, Why are you here?! You made it clear you don't love me and were only using me. Third," I jammed in more and he yelled out fuck "You don't just get to show up wherever you want thinking you're going to make demands."

He smiled as I pulled the bullet out. "Doll, You came in swinging like a fucking pro fighter. I haven't been able to see straight, hyperventilating, weak in my knees since I met you. I couldn't stop loving you if I wanted to. I don't care if you were made to take me down, dismantle my empire. I know I'm in trouble. I am so dazed and confused by you. I have lost my head and I realize I would do it all again. Either I'm going into the light or I'm losing my mind. There is something about you that has me in a trance. I thought you knew what you were doing but it's come to my poor attention that you never were out to get me. I was so stupid. I'm not the type that's used to losing. I was left in ruins when you left... All I could see were thoughts of you and your eyes invading my thoughts. I tried to get over you. I did fuck three strippers... I wish I could take it back..."

I turned from him. Where is this coming from? He continued "I don't know if this is real life or all made up in my head. I can't think straight without you next to me. I can't sleep at night with you not next to me... I fucked up. I know I did. I can't promise that I won't fuck up again but I want to try and make it up to you.

I just sat there what was I supposed to say. Fucking word vomit came out "I had sex with Weston."

He sat up nodding his head "I know. I knew it was going to happen. I don't care. Unless you want him, then ill kill him."

I let a giggle out going back to a straight face "You can't just show up here and expect me to go back with you. I am about to take over Loki's gang..."

He cut me off "I will help. I pledge my gang to aid you. Let me help you."

I looked at him with wide eyes "James, I don't think I can trust you..."

Tony spoke "As much as I hate him, we will need all the help we can get. Loki doesn't know about Shields's involvement. He only knows about Hydra because well you two were together." He turned to James "Come, we were just discussing strategy."

I sighed standing up putting my arm out to help James stand up. He put his arm around my shoulder and I slid my arm around his waist. We got into the office and I set him on the couch a little harshly. I was still pissed he didn't trust me. Steve turned to him with his arms crossed "You deserved more than just a gunshot wound. I would of left you to bleed out."

James nodded smiling at Steve "I know, old friend. Great to see you again as well." He laughed "you should of ended me all those years ago when you had the chance."