Chapter 26

I didn't understand...

It was all too confusing...

Too many questions were flooding my mind─

How could I not notice sooner?

Is this why she was so comfortable around me?

Why didn't she say anything?

How were we able to guess her identity correctly!?

Codename: Queen

Rank: Elite Knight

Sacred Weapon: Sword Of Sins, Veel

Identity: The First Fairy Queen, Minatozaki Sana...

"Yo- Your highness?!" I instantly backed away, stammering nonsense as I pointed at her with a shaky hand.

Her brow shot up, utterly confused with the name I addressed her with. But when she began touching her face, she gasped louder than a siren upon realizing her helmet wasn't there.

"SANA! WH- WHY ARE YOU HE─"

"Keep your voice down, idiot!" She reached her hand out before slapping it over my mask to silence me.

Her angry eyes glared down at me like lasers, burning holes through my face as her grip on my shoulder tightened. If looks could kill, I would have been dead by now...

A soft sigh escaped her lips, completely disappointed in me for blowing her cover. She rubbed her nape while slowly leaning away, making sure I don't make a sound.

"I can't believe things turned out this way..." She sighed again and again before massaging her temples in an attempt to get rid of the massive amount of stress she felt. "Just why did you have to push me like that?!"

I immediately snapped out of my trance and sat up straight, meeting her gaze. "I- I... I'm really sorry?"

"Is that an apology or a question!?"

"An apology!" I quickly clarified and bowed my head deeply. "It wasn't my intention to push you, your majesty! I suddenly lost my balance and took you with me, my deepest apologies for doing such an outrageous thing!"

Sana buried her face in her palms before groaning loudly. I flinched at the sound, anyone could tell she was terribly upset just by hearing her groan.

I fucked up, I fucked up very badly...

How am I supposed to make her forgive me if her mood is this bad? I doubt she'd even listen to me at this point. Everything I say would probably sound like an excuse to her.