Chapter 30

"And where exactly are you taking me?" I asked while laying inside a wagon with rope tied all over me.

For some unknown reason, I woke up to find myself being unable to move as Ms. Boss carried me out the house. Then after a few struggles, I gave up and let her do her thing.

And here I was, looking up at the vast sky while she sipped tea next to me. "Mina, slow down. You're making me spill my drink"

"My apologies, Lady Lee" Mina was here, too.

She was in charge of driving and taking us to who knows where. The fairy grabbed the reins and pulled on it gently to slow the horses down. "Is that better?"

"It is, thank you" Jieun said and looked down at me.

"You don't seem to be very bothered with your current position"

"I've been complaining about it since earlier but you kept ignoring me, so I eventually got used to this"

"Guess I won't move you then"

"What!? But my head hurts from constantly hitting the wagon because of Mina's bad driving!"

"I can hear you, captain..." Mina glanced at me with narrowed eyes but didn't say anything else.

"Moving you would be tiring. Imagine how exhausted I'd be after picking you up and moving you to sit, are you aware of how heavy you are?"

"JUST MOVE ME ALREADY BEFORE MY SKULL CRACKS!"

Ms. Boss rolled her eyes before finally doing what I asked, carefully placing me in a nice position where she's sure I wouldn't get hurt. Took her long enough...

Seriously, she needs to act a little nicer. I understand that she sees me as nothing but a troublemaker, but troublemakers are humans too. She can't just tie me up, throw me into a wagon like I'm some kind of sack of potatoes, and then ignore my existence.

Is this her way of telling me to be more alert in the morning? Because it's definitely working. I don't think I'll sleep without locking my door ever again, I'm afraid she'll suddenly barge inside my room in the morning and kidnap me like earlier.

But hey, at least she let me eat breakfast before we left. Mina had to feed me though, Ms. Boss didn't want to untie me and give me the chance to escape.

"Now then," I cleared my throat. "What are you planning?"

"You'll know when we get there" She replied monotonously, letting the morning breeze comb through her hair as the strands danced beautifully in the air.

You know, she's lucky she's pretty or I would've thrown her out of this wagon if her face wasn't so loveable. But no matter how beautiful she is, the devil that hides under that innocent-looking face must never be forgotten.

So if she ever asks you nicely for something, it means she's about to put you through hell. I shivered at my own thoughts, the tiny ones are always the scariest...

"Why do I get the feeling you just thought of something really rude?"

"WHY DO I GET THE FEELING YOU AND LADY QUEEN ARE RELATED?"