Chapter 36

My feet walked across the pathway of a certain town near the capital city, taking me to the orphanage located at the very back.

Sana skipped and jumped, enjoying every second of our little walk. We were attracting a few eyes because of our masks, but they eventually looked elsewhere when their curiosity subsided.

Still, it's unexpected for Sana to want to visit an orphanage. Is she perhaps fond of children? Or maybe she just wants to heal herself by surrounding herself with balls of sunshine?

Lots of possibilities ran through my mind, but a sudden guess had me sucking in a shocked breath. Or is she going there to look for an heir to the throne?!

I gulped at the thought of her becoming a mother. I mean, she'd probably be a great mom, but she's too young for that!

Knowing her, she'd definitely be the type of parent to dote on her children and spoil them to no end, but at the same time, will make sure they grow into fine adults and teach them proper manners.

"Wh- Why are we heading to an orphanage?" I couldn't hold myself back any longer and stuttered out a question. I really wanted to know the reason behind her sudden interest in orphanages.

"A former attendant of mine is working there, I promised her I'd visit someday, and we're here to fulfill that promise!"

Sana's enthusiasm made me sigh in utter relief. God knows how relieved I was to know that was the reason. Now that my mind is clear from pointless assumptions, I can finally relax and enjoy this day to the fullest.

We stopped in front of the said orphanage, and the first thing I noticed was the church attached to it. It made me wonder which god it believed in, or did it believe in all 3?

"Queen Sana?"

I immediately flinched after hearing an unfamiliar voice mention Sana's name. Snapping my head to the side, a woman holding a laundry basket with her mouth agape entered my field of vision.

My face portrayed a look of panic behind my mask. I was about to ask Sana if she knew this unidentified and exceptionally gorgeous woman, but her loud squeal stopped me.

"Cho Miyeon!" Sana jumped into her arms, engulfing her in a warm hug.

Miyeon threw aside the basket, and hugged the queen's waist. Her squeals were even louder than Sana's as they spun around while jumping in the most adorable way possible.

Two beauties hugging each other so happily, it was a sight to behold. The huge smiles on their pretty faces were enough to warm the heart and give you butterflies.

"It's so good to see you again! How'd you know it was me?" Sana asked when the two finally pulled away after a whole minute of embracing each other.

"As if I'd ever fail to recognize you. I served you for over 10 years until I had to quit, your highness" Miyeon giggled and took a step back to do a curtsy. "It's so nice to finally see you again, my queen"

Sana took her mask off and wiped the tears pooling in her eyes. While she was busy stopping herself from bawling her eyes out, I was busy being impressed by how Miyeon recognized her so easily.