Chapter 48

Y/n L/n's POV

My fingers twitched over the fabric that covered my front, going in messy circles to identify what it was.

When I had come to realize that it was a blanket, my eyes slowly started to open as I winced at the brightness of the sun's morning light settling on my face.

I rolled to the side and yelped when I almost fell off the bed. Groaning, I held my hand up to cast a shadow over my eyes before pushing myself up into a sitting position.

"Where even am I?" I carefully looked around the familiar room, struggling to remember where I had last seen this place.

It was rather spacious and was decorated with furniture that fits my liking a little too much, furniture that you couldn't find anywhere else but here. It had me raising my brows a bit, wondering why I knew about that.

At the center of the high ceiling was a chandelier, a walk-in closet across the balcony, and to my surprise, a full suit of armour was stored inside a tall display case at the side.

I instantly jumped to my feet, rushing to where it was and opening the glass door. I took out the chestplate and marvelled at how nicely crafted it was.

I was even more surprised when I found Calamitrous inside the glass case as well. It was in its weapon form, tucked neatly inside its scabbard that matched the color of the chestplate I was holding.

When I looked around once more, intently and carefully this time, everything finally clicked. "Isn't this my room?" Not the room I use in Ms. Boss's humble home, but my private chambers inside the mansion I own with Jennie and Taehyung.

The echo of the doorknob twisting and someone stepping inside the room had me turning to the fairy that was carrying a tray of tea and biscuits in her hands.

Mina, who thought I was still unconscious, gasped louder than a bomb dropping on the city when she saw me alive and standing. In a heartbeat, she dropped what she was holding and flew inside my arms that welcomed her with a hug.

"You're awake!" She practically screamed. I couldn't help but chuckle at the tears of relief that automatically streamed down her reddening cheeks.

Mina wrapped her arms around my neck tightly, holding me closer than she's ever had before. Her head dropped on my shoulder and stayed there for a while.

I could feel the way her chin trembled with each sniffle. While rubbing gentle strokes on her back, I tightened my hold on her waist when she began to lean against me heavily.

Her knees were beginning to buckle and lose their strength. So to save her from dropping on the cold surface we stood on, I supported her weight while lovingly running a hand through her silky hair.

"Mina, what's with all the–" Jennie, whose room was right across mine, was about to complain about the ruckus we were making until her eyes met mine.

A toothy smile lit her face up as she excitedly pushed her head back into the hallway, calling for the others. "Girls, come quick!"

And not even 5 seconds later, numerous pairs of feet tapped against the floor, their hurried strides blasting through the corridors while Jennie ran to my side.

The poor door was dramatically kicked open, almost falling to the ground as 8 other women made their grand entrance. I made a mental note to get that fixed later on while watching them flood inside the room.