Chapter 39

I could feel my own stress burning my brain cells as I read the entirety of the article. My hands curled around the newspaper, nearly tearing it apart.

Vomit threatened to escape my mouth the more I flipped through the pages. I was starting to feel dizzy while my breathing became heavy and ragged.

To say I was panicking was an understatement. I've never been this agitated before, and I don't think I'll ever surpass this level of unease in the near future.

This was practically beyond my level of understanding. Y/n L/n, A.K.A me, returns from the dead and kills an ancient danger beast? When did that happen?!

Not once have I left Sana's side just to slay a danger beast and reveal my identity to the world. Sure, I can get pretty dumb sometimes, but there's no way I'd do something that would ruin our whole plan.

There was a chance this was another impostor, but knowing how Ms. Boss hasn't done anything about it, was making my anxiety go over the roof.

What's worse is Taehyung and Jennie actually believed this fraud and dragged The Midnight Death Roses in that impostor's trap. Now everyone thinks that fake is me!

"What the hell happened?..."

"Y/n, is everything okay?" Sana asked, worry lingering in her tone after seeing me quivering in my place. She had just returned from the restroom.

I immediately turned to her, throwing away the newspaper and holding her hands tightly. "Sana, I'm sorry, but I have to go home and meet my aunt..."

Sana's head tilted to the side. Since she had a mask on, it was the only way for her to express her confusion. But instead of interrogating me and asking for the details, she simply nodded.

She's always been very perceptive, so it was obvious she knew something terribly wrong has occurred just by seeing me panic.

"Shall I fly us to world 5?"

Although that would make things easier for me, I had to decline. I can't let Sana listen to the discussion I'll be having with Ms. Boss, and I won't allow her to go home alone either.

"Just fly us to your palace, I'll return to the 5th world once I take you home" Despite having a huge problem in my hands, her safety was still my top priority.

Sana nodded and went behind me, wrapping her arms around my waist. Her wings began to flutter, lifting us up from the ground before taking us to where the portal to the next world was.

-

"Are you sure you'll be alright?" Sana asked as soon as we landed inside her room through the window. Her clone that was laying comfortably on her bed had vanished the moment we arrived.

"I'm very sure" I said while picking up the crown her clone left and placed it on top of her head. "Welcome back, your majesty"

Sana laughed at that. "I wanted to visit more places with you, but I guess I can't keep dragging you around forever" She says that, but the satisfied glint in her eyes didn't fade for even a second. "Will you visit me again?"

"Of course I will, I'll try to drop by as much as I can"

She smiled and closed the distance between us, trapping me in a warm embrace. "Thank you for everything, I had so much fun" She whispered in my ear before lifting my mask to place a soft kiss on my cheek.