Chapter 29

Noon. The scorching sun was directly above us as we laid tiredly on the ground. Although we did our best, we weren't the first ones out of the forest. In fact, we were the last ones out.

The reason for this was simple─ There were 30 people in my class and 18 were eliminated from the game. 4 of the 12 remaining players teamed up and had departed from where they were before sunrise. As a result, they got here the moment the sun was fully out.

3 purposely hid themselves somewhere near the training grounds and were the first ones to arrive, it was honestly a risky move but it was worth it in the end. And the other 5, us, woke up later than everyone else and were lost deep in the woods.

Of course we'd be last, the outcome was inevitable considering our circumstances. We were far from the training grounds, too. The walk to our destination took longer than expected but thanks to Pluffy, we got here just before Jihyo announced the end of the game.

"I've been curious about this lately," Tzuyu bit into her apple and averted her gaze to Nayeon who sat close by. "Why are you called The Midnight Death Roses? Most knight orders prefer to keep their team name short, but yours is pretty lengthy, don't you think?"

"Ah, that?" Nayeon looked at her. "You know how we don't usually agree on the same things, right? I wanted our team name to be something pretty, Jeongyeon wanted it to be cool and scary while Queen wanted something elegant"

Tzuyu and I nodded along. I couldn't help but wonder about the process of how they named themselves. I get the feeling they debated for an entire day and were throwing fists here and there─ a complete chaos is what I imagined.

"It was a complete chaos..."

See? I was right.

"In the end, we all decided that each of us chooses one word and then mix the 3 together. I chose Roses, Jeongyeon chose Death and Queen chose Midnight. Thus, The Midnight Death Roses were born" She explained as Jeongyeon came closer and stood next to her.

"I kind of regret doing that, though" Jeongyeon grumbled with her arms crossed. "Our name becomes even longer when we need to add The Order Of whenever we formally introduce ourselves"

She wasn't wrong, The Order Of The Midnight Death Roses was a rather long name. The name I came up with for my knight order, The Diamond Phoenix, was something I just randomly thought of one day. Jennie and Taehyung had no objections with my choice, so we went for it. Thus, The Order Of The Diamond Phoenix was born.

"Well it's not like we can change our name now, it'd be too much of a hassle" Queen voiced out while dragging her chair next to Nayeon's and sat down.

"Speaking of change, you should really change that armor of yours. You said it's experiencing some issues, right? It's been exposed to too much fighting, so I doubt having it repaired would do much. Just order an entirely new set" Suggested Jeongyeon to Queen as the latter considered the idea.

"I'll think about it" Queen replied nonchalantly before turning to us. "Anyways, could you 2 gather some fruit? Anything will do, just make sure they're in good condition"

"Why do I have to do it?" Tzuyu tried to complain but I quickly silenced her by covering her mouth.

"Sure! Let's go, Tzu" I grabbed her wrist and pulled her up, dragging her back into the sea of trees.