Chapter 44

3rd Person POV

Seated inside the luxurious living room of a mansion located in Stardust, 2 figures flipped through the reports they've received while one of them wore an exasperated look on his face.

"They still haven't found any clues regarding Lee Jieun's whereabouts!" Taehyung slammed the papers down before angrily grabbing his wine glass and pouring the drink down his throat.

He had dropped all formalities with The Great Holy Knight after finding out about her nieces.

If her niece was an impostor, then that makes her a traitor that's helping a fraud take his best friend's name. If not, then she's the mastermind of an evil plan that aims to overthrow the kingdom using Y/n's influence.

That was the conclusion he reached, the conclusion Dilariel fed to him. Another lie has tainted Taehyung's pure soul, and now he's hunting down his real allies, all for the sake of the impostor across him.

Dilariel poured more wine into his glass. "Calm down, I'm sure someone will find her soon enough"

"Soon isn't acceptable, that woman should be thrown in jail this instant! Her niece tried to steal your identity, Y/n!"

Taehyung raised his voice, utterly confused as to why the Y/n in front of him looked so calm.

He's been working his ass off just to find everyone involved in betraying his best friend, but that best friend has been acting like none of it matters to her.

While Taehyung was gathering every knight he could reach and ordering them to find Lee Jieun, Y/n has done nothing about the issue at hand.

It almost seemed like she didn't mind someone trying to illegaly impersonate her, which only added to Taehyung's annoyance.

"Are you not angry about any of this!?" Dilariel sighed when Taehyung continued his outbursts.

He shot him a menacing glare, a small warning that if he won't stop yelling, he'll smash the bottle of wine on his head. That will shut up him up.

"I am angry, Taehyung, but those traitors have nowhere to hide. It will only be a matter of time until the news spreads to the other worlds. By then, everyone will start hunting them down" Dilariel explained while leaning back on his seat.

His reasoning and glare forced Taehyung into a calmer state of mind as the latter sighed dejectedly.

Y/n was too precious to him, even more now that he's lost her once and miraculously got her back.

He just couldn't bare the thought of someone they used to trust betraying them and escaping as if they didn't commit such an awful crime.

He swore to himself he'd protect Y/n from everything that could harm or affect her in a negative way, and this entire situation was one of it.

So, he's been struggling to contain his anger since he's barely done anything to put an end to their current problem. But he knew it wasn't right to take his anger out on the victim, so he lowered his head in shame.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have yelled..."

Dilariel secretly rolled his eyes and put on a fake smile. "It's fine, don't worry" One thing he hated about Taehyung was how much of a pushover he was.