Chapter 37

Murmurs echoed around a deserted area within the 5th world. Indecipherable words spilt out the mouths of men dressed in dark cloaks as they surrounded the gigantic magic circle drawn around a certain portal.

Dark clouds loomed over them, not letting even a single ray of sunlight pass through. The whole place reeked of evil as an ominous aura spread to every nook and cranny that the light could not reach.

Ciferio's hand clenched itself into a fist, breaking the wine glass he was holding. "Why is the portal still closed!?" His voice was loud and hateful, glaring down at his men that knelt before him. "It's already been days since we started the unsealing!"

They flinched, trembling under the pressure of his gaze. The man in the middle raised his head and met his furious eyes. "I- It should open today, my lord!"

A vein popped on the fallen angel's forehead.  "If it isn't unsealed by sundown, I'll make sure to kill every last one of you..."

They instantly stood on their feet, bowing one last time before rushing out of the room. They relayed the information they received to the others, and upon knowing there's a chance all of them will lose their heads by the end of the day, they immediately gathered around the portal.

They poured every last drop of magical energy they had into the circle, speeding up the process of the unsealing. Ciferio stared at the portal that now began to glow, a wide smirk stretched on his lips.

He refused to let his plan fail because of the incompetency of his subordinates. If all his efforts go down the drain because of some powerless fools, he might just go on a rampage.

He placed his goal above everything else, even his beliefs and pride– and one of those beliefs had a deep connection to his hatred for weaklings.

Ciferio despised them, he was disgusted by how they sought help from the strong and relied on them until they died. Like leeches that sucked your blood until they were satisfied.

He solely believes every last weakling in the 6 worlds should be eradicated, and yet he still went out of his way to recruit even the humans that reminded him of worms just so he could achieve his goal.

That was how desperate he was to bring back Dilariel and get his revenge. So when he saw the portal starting to slowly open, his joy went over the roof.

However, that feeling didn't last long when one of his lowly servants burst into the room. "My lord, the Great Holy knight and her army are headed this way!"

His annoyance that immediately surpassed his joy brought a scowl to his face. "That woman never fails to anger me..." This wasn't the first time Jieun had stopped his plan.

Being a man with high intelligence, he always had something up his sleeve and a scheme to strengthen his army. But whenever he made a move, Lee Jieun always got in his way.

He had already lost count as to how many times his plans have failed, and it was mostly because of the great holy knight and her ability to stop any mishap that occured in the worlds.

She was a brilliant knight, he'll admit that much, but she still irritated him to no end. And what he hated the most was how Jieun almost caught him once. They had never met in person before, but because of his uselesss subordinates that failed to do their job, his identity was almost exposed.