Chapter 47

Y/n L/n's POV

"Oof!"

Jeongyeon's body flying past mine and landing on poor Nayeon was the first thing I saw after recovering from another punch I received a few seconds ago.

I shook my head, trying to get my mind out of the gutter before running alongside Jihyo. The 2 of us split up when we were halfway near Dilariel, immediately lifting our blades to strike when we got close.

He jumped, simultaneously raising both of his legs to kick our faces. I ducked just in time, but Jihyo was a second late and readily accepted her fate while whispering a silent curse word.

With a yelp, her body got kicked aside, rolling on the ground until Jeongyeon jumped in to stop her. It's a good thing she had her helmet on.

"Art of nature, 3rd form: Petal frenzy!" Upon hearing Nayeon's voice, I hurriedly got out of the way as an army of razor-sharp petals flew to the enemy's direction.

Dilariel clicked his tongue, trying to fend off every petal that came to swarm him. He may have been fast, but he wasn't fast enough to deflect all those petals. Not when Nayeon only kept sending him more.

Realizing the futility of his actions, he decided to take flight. His wings went fast, seemingly slicing through the sky with their speedy flutters and his desperate need to escape Nayeon's art that followed after him.

The bunny-like woman smirked when she saw the vibrant cuts on his skin. The exasperation on his face was a feast for Nayeon's vengeful eyes.

She wanted to see more of it. She wanted to make him suffer, to make him pay for pulling such a vile stunt. He deserved to go through all sorts of pain, and Nayeon's greatest desire at the moment was to see his downfall.

That twisted expression proved everything I know. This side of her is what made me develop a sense of caution towards her. She's known for being bubbly and cute, but she wasn't called The White Demon for nothing.

But Dilariel, being the petty bastard he was, wasn't going to let her taste the satisfaction of seeing him struggle any longer.

"Nefarious Lord, Diablos" The bright glow of his sacred weapon responded to his deep voice. "Art of Malice, 1st form: Exterminating Ray"

A baleful beam of red light collided with the petals, eradicating them completely and leaving no trace of their existence. Nayeon's smirk dropped while a scornful laugh left Dilariel's mouth.

"Foolish woman, did you really think your attacks could kill me?" He taunted. In a flash, he was suddenly in front of Nayeon, foot hovering over her abdomen before kicking her away like a soccer ball.

Her body went far, blood pouring out of her mouth and leaving trails on the ground. "Nayeon!" I screamed, planning to go after her but was stopped by Dilariel's weapon aiming for my head.

When I blocked it, my feet sunk to the ground as I struggled to maintain my stance under the heavy weight of his attack.

"Piercing bolt!" I sighed in utter relief when Jeongyeon's spear struck Dilariel's side, propelling him to a far distance.

"Nice save!" I grinned, showing her a thumbs up.

"Don't celebrate just yet" She said, getting ready to catch Sire after seeing Dilariel pull it out of his waist.