Chapter 32

Dust whirled in the air as explosion after explosion erupted within the forest. I immediately jumped to safety just before the giant hoof could kick me into a bloody pulp.

Clicking my tongue in annoyance, I looked ahead and saw my current opponent standing ever so proudly. A flare horse, an S-Class danger beast that was the size of a house and could cast the high-class spell hell flare. This burning horse was one of the few danger beasts that could use such powerful magic– that and it's remarkable speed is what made it dangerous.

"Art of disaster, 1st form: Tsunami!" Since my first disaster art wasn't as ferocious as it originally was, it served as the perfect water wall that defended me from the incoming hell flare. Unlike the last time, my tsunami could now go higher than a tree and the amount of water I could summon had doubled.

If I were to say how strong it was, I'd say it's a level below the one-eyed titan. The tricky thing about this damn horse is that it can cast hell flare over and over again at the same time. Just like what it was doing right now.

S-Class danger beasts can only be dealt with by an elite knight. And if not an elite knight, then an army of regular knights. That's how powerful they were.

And considering how I had killed quite a few of them these past few days, it was safe to say I had already reached the level of an elite knight. However, I was still a little far from returning to my prime or even surpassing Ms. Boss.

I can clearly remember how I used to one shot these guys without using my disaster arts. That in itself was proof I was an elite among elites.

"Guess I don't have any other choice" I muttered and put my mask on. At that moment, it could no longer sense my presence. This was one of the reasons why I brought it along, since it can perfectly conceal my presence I can use it to my advantage whenever I was in a pinch.

The flare horse looked around, trying its best to find me. Unfortunately for it, I was standing incredibly still behind a tree. There's no way it would be able to find me, especially now that I had worn my mask.

That thing's weak spot is the gem on top of its head, break that and you'll live to see another day. Now without further ado, let's destroy my 11th victim.

Gathering my strength down to my legs, I jumped high up in the sky and positioned myself directly above it. It's a good thing this damn horse isn't so smart, it didn't even notice me falling and continued whipping its neck left and right to find me.

As soon as calamitrous pierced through the gem, it immediately went poof, ceasing to exist. I sighed in utter relief before taking my mask off. If it weren't for my mask and its stupidity this battle wouldn't have ended so quickly.

The sound of clapping made me turn to my left, seeing Mina emerging from the trees while wearing a proud smile. "Excellent job, captain! You're amazing as always"

"Mina, when did you get there?" The corners of my lips lifted as soon as I saw her. "Where's Tzuyu?"

"Well, about that..." The awkward expression she was making made me tilt my head to the side. "we had a little argument and she ran off. I was chasing after her to apologize, but..."

"You got lost" I finished the sentence she struggled to complete as she looked away from me, embarrassed.