Chapter 31

The Awarding Ceremony.

A ceremony that occurs once every year within Honor Academy. This particular event is held to celebrate and recognize all the efforts the students have made throughout the year.

And after successfully getting through my first year, today marks the first step of my journey in my second year in it.

"Rising Star, Y/n Granbell"

After hearing my name being called, I quickly went up the stage and claimed my golden badge. Each time a student gets through a year at this academy, they are awarded with a 'Recognition Badge' made out of pure gold.

And although this may seem like a fantastic reward, some people see it as a burden. After all, the amount of badges you have is equivalent to the amount of years you've been in the academy. If one has 10 badges, that means they've been a trainee for 10 years without graduating.

In other words, this badge also shows how incompetent and lacking in skills a person can be. It's only normal for some people to hate receiving such a reward.

And just like all the other rookies, I don't plan to stay in this academy for long. I intend to graduate after I complete my second year just like what I did in my trainee days as Y/n L/n.

Back then, I became a trainee when I was 13 and graduated when I was 15. Hopefully, I'll regain all my skills before graduation.

"Now we will announce Y/n Granbell's achievements throughout the year," The headmaster said, his voice louder than usual because of the microphone that was created with magic.

"She has shown excellent results in this year's entrance exam and became the top trainee of the first years. She has also participated in protecting the first fairy queen during her majesty's visit here, and was the only trainee invited to join the Midnight Death Roses' mission to eliminate Liquid D1 which turned out successful. Due to this, she has earned the title 'Rising Star'. To award her for her achievements, we shall give her an Excellency Badge"

The headmaster handed an even shinier badge to one of the teachers who then gave it to me. The difference between the two badges was that Excellency badges could only be given to trainees who have made 3 or more achievements in one year.

And unlike the recognition badge, even just having 1 excellency badge was already beyond impressive. It was an honor to have one. That's why I accepted it with open arms.

After that, I went down the stage and returned to my seat as a round of applause echoed throughout the venue. Some people were even cheering so loudly I almost went deaf. And is it just me or do I hear Nayeon screaming at the top of her lungs in the audience?

Once the last trainee claimed their badge, a familiar woman went up the stage, heels clicking loudly against the floor. Everyone was immediately silenced once they saw her.