Chapter 48

"What's going on?" People began to ask panicking.

  We looked around trying to figure out where the rumbling was coming from and all of a sudden we saw a thick smoke and it was blocking our vision. We all started coughing and I could faintly see Sam trying to reach out to me but before he could get to me a force pushed him back.

  The smoke started to fade and we could see clearer now, three figures were approaching us and Loranda pulled my hand.

"We need to leave, they are here, they can't take me back." She panicked.

  No one was capable or strong enough to fight against them. The best option was to flee now and ambush them when we were well prepared.

  "There's no way we can escape." Aria announced and it was true.

  "What are we going to do?" Jonathan asked staring at us.

  "There's nothing you can do, this is the end." One of the witches spoke and they all stretched their hands towards us and the people screamed.

  Before their attack could get to us we found ourselves in the woods, it seemed like somewhere far away from the pack.

  "Where are we?" The people complained.

  Sam had transported us to somewhere safe before their attack could get to us. Thank goodness.

  "We are safe but not for long. They can't find us now though but the pack is still under attack."  Sam said and I panicked.

  Damon, he was still there, I hope he was okay.

  "What do we do now?" Aria asked as we searched our surroundings.

  "Damon and others are still there, we have to do something." Would it be wise to go back? I don't want him to be the bearer of the witches fury.

  "Damon can take care of everything, he will be fine." Aria reassured.

  "I hope so." I said remembering the destruction I had seen. There was no way the pack could survive it.

  "We will just wait it out, Damon has it under control. We will go find him when the area is clear and we will help if he needs our help. " Sam said and it was times like this I was really grateful for him. I wouldn't have been able to survive without him.

  "Thank you Sam, for always having our back. " I said with outmost sincerity and he smiled saying it was his duty.

  I was grateful for all the help I had gotten from all the people that has helped keep me safe. Loranda still hasn't said anything and I could tell that she felt uneasy.

  "What's wrong? We are fine now, calm down a little." I tried reassuring her but I was still scared.

  "Do you really think we are fine, they wouldn't stop at nothing till they have us."

  "And we'll fight them, Aria is here, Jonathan and Sam too. " We will all fight together.

  "Do you really trust Sam, he's one of them ." Loranda said staring at him suspiciously.

"He might be a wizard but he's not like them." I reassured, she was scared because he was also part of them but he was good. I don't know what they have against each other.

  "I hope so." She said staring at him, their eyes locked and she instantly looked away.

  "What happened between both of you?" Jonathan asked walking up to us. He was still skeptical of us being with Loranda.