Chapter 4

Dedicated to bookwriter2121

Damon's Pov

I got out of the room and went to meet Cici thinking about how I met my mate . I was just in my office when the alarm went off that  rogues trespassed on my land and I wasn't prepared to let them live. Rogues have been wrecking havoc for quite some time and we killed any when seen to prevent that but that wasn't the case here.

    I went outside to see just three of them and they looked pretty messed up but I was still able to catch the scent of the female, her scent was like vanilla and lemon, it was simply alluring and I found myself wanting to be close to her but then she's a rogue and I don't associate with them. Not even if she happens to be my mate.

" What have we got here? " I asked.

   We surrounded them and soon enough I ordered my men to shoot them and surprisingly it didn't even get to them. This made me confused,angry and curious.

" You guys are damn fools. " I said angrily aiming for her shoulder and shooting the arrow there. I couldn't bring myself to kill her because she is my mate. My better half but she was a rogue and we couldn't be together. I don't want to be with her. She took out the arrow from her right hand staring at me. Her other friends were on the floor, they were shot on their stomach but it wasn't anything serious. I just decided to be mild with her because she was my mate and I needed answers as to why they are here.

    We were in a cell and I was currently questioning them about their mission but they seem to have fabricated a lie about not knowing and on a journey to visit their relatives. Who the hell visits a relation at this time?

     I asked for her to be brought to my office but she didn't comply. She amuses me, she's completely rude and has a way with her words. She has no respect whatsoever and doesn't even seem to talk nicely to me not minding that she's at the mercy of her life. No one dares talk to me like that and I wasn't prepared to take it from her, a rogue who's supposed to be begging me to spare her life. I clearly wouldn't take her sassy attitude, not even if she's my mate.

   I entered my office to see Cici there sitting down staring at her phone. She looked really pretty in her pink floral flair gown.

  " Hey. You're here. " she said smiling looking up at me and I find her smile so appealing.

   " Yeah, I am. " I said pecking her on both cheeks before going to sit down.

   "You look exhausted. "she said looking at me intently. " word's out that you spared some rogues. Is it true?"

  Word sure does spread quickly but then I pretty much didn't blame them. This was the first, no rogue was ever spared after questioning.

  " Are you gonna say something, why spare this particular rogues or what do you have in mind to do to them? "

  Sincerely I had not thought about that. I didn't want to hurt them yet. I still needed to find out why she's here and what their purpose is exactly but I couldn't tell her that.

   " Let's not talk about them baby. " I said walking up to meet her kissing her lightly on her lips.

  " How can we not talk about them. They deserve to die Damon ." she said fiercely trying to ignore the sensations I was creating in her as I started trailing kisses down her neck.

  "Can we not talk about them. Right now I just want to be with you. " I knew the right words to say to her to just stop talking and that caused her to smile and kiss me.

  "Same here. But you have to do something about them Damon, they can't get scott free."she said and I mumbled hmm not really paying attention to what she said. Right now I just needed a distraction to stop myself from thinking about her.

  After having a round with Cici, I stayed up thinking about her. I don't even know why she was occupying my thoughts but I pushed it out and thought of something reasonable. I really needed to do something about this situation, it was already suspicious as it seems. I had to  let her go, kill her or let her stay but I knew she wouldn't be welcomed here. I finally made a decision after much thought and slept.

    The next morning I woke up remembering the events that happened last night. I got out of bed careful not to wake Cici up. I got into the shower and had a cold bath. I wore my usual casual clothes and went to the cell she was kept. When I left her yesterday I ordered someone to take her back there and have them under strict surveillance.

   I got into the cell and saw her sleeping peacefully. I ordered for a bucket of water and did the honours of pouring it on them.

  "What the hell? " they chorused each waking up from sleep but the others realising it was me kept their mouth shut after that looking down but she just couldn't shut up.

    " I don't know what's with you and waking someone up like that but I don't like it and wouldn't take it from you. Can't someone ever have a peaceful sleep without ever being interrupted rudely.?"
     Now that got me interested

   "So I'm not the only one who does that. You've been to cells often or you just have your sleep interrupted? "

   " That's none of your damn business. " she retorted.

   " It seems like you're forgetting what you are and where you are. I would mind my language if I were you. "

  " That's the thing I'm not you and I can talk anyhow I want to." she shouted.

   She was really infuriating me talking to me like that. I really wanted to do something that would hurt her, torture her until she learns her lesson.

  "I want you to state the real reason why you were on my land or else... "

"Or else what? " she daringly questioned .

   " I'd kill you. " I said smirking and she just laughed. " Don't underestimate me sweetheart, I am very capable of bringing you to your ruins and I won't think twice about ending you cause you rogues do not matter. Now want to tell me the real reason? "

   " I'd rather die than tell you anything. " she said and I got so annoyed.

    I don't know what she's hiding or why she can't tell me but I certainly wouldn't take her nonsensical attitude. I've had enough.

" And so be it then. " I said angrily. " I'd be more than happy to grant you your wish. "

   "She was just being stupid don't listen to her." her companion with the dark hair spoke up. " we are actually running from...

  "Shut your mouth up Jonathan or I swear I'd end you. " she said harshly and the manner at which she spoke was so commanding and it didn't sound like those empty threats people say to shut people up, she sounded so serious.

   " So miss sassy here is running away from someone. Who could that person be? "I asked hoping she could answer and I was actually thinking about who or what she could be running from.

" That's none of your damn business mister. " she coldly replied and at that moment she sounded dangerous

    " I would have you give out every bit of information I want from you. " I said authoritatively and she laughed

     "You can't do that. You won't even come close to having me say a word. "she boasted.

   " We'd see about that." I said and left

Thanks for reading the book. None of the chapters are edited so kindly call my attention to any grammatical or typo errors.

       Kindly press the little star below and leave your comment or review on the chapter, thank you.