Chapter 42

I pounced on him but it was too late, the deed had already been done. We got into a brawl and all I could think of was killing him. He brought out a dagger and I was careful to dodge his hit.

"You're just a strange bastard that deserves to die." He spat.

I couldn't control it, my wolf took over as my claws appeared,my eyes pitch black as I used my claws to scratch his chest. I rose him from the ground strangling his neck raising him up in the air as he struggled to breathe. I violently threw him across the room.

"Where is she?" I demanded using a tone superior to my alpha tone and he wasted no time to reply.

"She's in the woods. There's an under ground bunker up north. There's no use, she's dead, just as you will be." His dagger pierced into my calf and I wasted no time shredding him to pieces with my claws.

"I'm going to get her." I paid no attention to the pain I felt on my legs,it was nothing to what I felt in my heart at the thought of losing her. I couldn't get a connection to her, I couldn't feel her. All I had was hope that she was fine.

The door opened and in came Jonathan, Sam, Aria and Chase. "What the hell happened?" They chorused.

"There's no time for explanation. We have to go find her."

" Please, my... Baaby." Cici begged.

"Aria, please get her to the hospital." Aria rushed to her side, her and Loranda helping her up.

Chase went to call the doctor while Sam, Jonathan and I made move to go find Lianna.

"I'm coming with you." I turned to Loranda, I wanted to argue but I didn't want to waste any more time than we've wasted.

We shifted to our wolf form and went to the location. Before we got there I could see the fumes from the fire, he really did it. I controlled my thoughts not to think negatively, she could still be there, waiting for me to find her. I raced faster ignoring the pain in my leg, if I could save her, everything else will be okay.

The lock leading to the bunker was open and I could see the blazing fire beneath. I jumped and made my way in, she has to be here somewhere. The rest followed as we made our way through the fire, Loranda and Sam clearing our path by using their powers. We got to the end of the small room and there was no sign of Lianna, just the sign of heavy silver chains. I crumbled on the floor as the connection between us was waning.

She couldn't be dead could she?

Lianna if you can hear me please hang on.

I can't loose you, I've not even showed you how much I love you

Heck, I haven't even marked or mated with you. Please hang on.

Had she burnt and all that was remaining was the chains?

You can't die so easily, we have eternity to wait

I haven't even made you my queen yet.

I tried telepathy although I know our connection was not strong because we haven't mated. I'm going to mark her and make her mine when I see her, she can't be dead.

"I'd search around. She must be here somewhere." I paid no attention to what they were saying.

I walked out of the bunker calling and shouting her name but there was no reply.

She shouldn't be dead, she can't leave me like that?

I shifted into my wolf and ran scanning the area for her scent, I believed I was able to find her. I searched everywhere I could around the area and on getting to the bank of a river I saw her body lying hopelessly on the ground. I immediately shifted to my human form calling to others that I've found her. I placed my ear on her chest and could still hear her heart beating faintly. There was still hope, I held her hands and told her to hang on.
The rest of them came running along and Sam took her from me to attend to her and we gave him space.

"I really hope she gets better." Aria said giving my shoulder a gentle squeeze.

"She will. She knows better than to leave me." I said trying to make light of the situation.

  We rushed her back to my house as soon as her breathing turned normal, she wasn't awake yet but I knew she would survive this. I sighed as I sat on the bed next to her. What has it been, a week since I last saw her. I was feeling a lot of things happiness, anger, pain, sadness. Why did she have to go through all this. The worst of all was that it was someone I wasn't expecting to hurt her that did, he was right under my nose all those time not her sister. Her sister is another case entirely, why is she here, what's her plan? I had her placed in a cell with Sam and other guards watching her, I didn't trust her here.

  Lianna groaned in pain, moving slightly in discomfort and I reached out to hold her hand reassuringly. She stayed put as I soothed her. It has been an hour already, I hope she wakes up soon. She was stirring in her sleep mumbling incoherent words and I kept on holding her. She opened her eyes slowly trying to sit upright.

"Slowly baby." I assisted her in sitting upright noticing the discomfort it brought her.

" Damon." She said slowly as if seeking conviction that it was truly me.

"Yes Lee, it's me." I sat on the bed and enveloped her in a hug.

" My head hurts." She closed her eyes slowly  and opened it back.

  I called in the pack doctor and she gave her some pain relief medicine to ease the pain. 

   "Damon... Simeon." She tried warning me as soon as the doctor left.

  "Shhh, it's fine baby. He's dead, everything is fine." I didn't want to tell her Loranda was here, I didn't want to stress her the more.

She just nodded a little and laid back on the bed slowly and before I knew it she had slept. She looked extremely weak with bruises all over her body. I would have tortured Simeon for a lifetime if he wasn't already dead.