Chapter 38

It was the day that I dreaded more than anything. My birthday. I woke up with a sad and bad feeling in my gut. It will be a miracle if this day goes well. Damon pulled me close to him giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"Happy Birthday love." he said and I smiled.

Usually I hated hearing that cause I was never happy on that day so why tell me Happy Birthday?

There was something about the way he said it that made me smile and secretly wish the day want happily.

"So what do you want to do today. I'd do anything you want me to." he asked excitedly and I cupped his face staring deeply into his emerald green eyes, one that I have come to love.

"I just want you to be happy and not to forget that I love you." I smiled sadly, that was all I wanted from him right now.

"You're not going to leave me Lee, I wouldn't allow it so don't try it." he warned in a strict tone. "You're mine forever." he placed me on top of him then kissed my head. "No one is going to take you away from me neither would you leave me. If you want me to be happy then just be happy because you are my happiness. Stay with me, don't leave me and I can guarantee you that I'd be happy for the rest of my life."

"Oh... Damon." I said burying my head in his chest. I couldn't stop the tears from flowing. Why was he making this hard for me, why do I feel like I'd be betraying him by leaving. All I wanted was for him to live. I wouldn't bear it if I lost someone close to my heart.

"I love you Lee." he said stroking my hair and the sincerity in his voice made my heart clench. How on earth did my life get to this.

"I won't let her hurt you Lee, she'd have to kill me before she touches even a strand of your hair." he protectively said and I didn't doubt that he would do that.

"I'm not going to let her hurt you Damon. If she wants me she gets me not anyone else. I don't want you involved in this. I don't want anything to happen to you Damon." I cried saying

"And nothing will. I got involved in this the moment I realised I was your mate. I'm going to stand by you Lee." he said and I cried further.

Four months ago I'd have laughed if someone told me Damon was capable of saying words like this but here he is melting my heart still yet hardening it. I was at cross roads, I think the best thing to do for now was just to avoid the topic.

" I love you too Damon." I said and I just stayed in his arms for a while, him holding me as if he was scared to let go and me savouring the moment.

I left him to go get ready for the day. I did all the necessary and while I stood in front of the mirror brushing my hair I had a terrible deja vu back to the time when my hair was once night black now as white as snow. Oh what a contrast. A tear slipped out my eyes. I wasn't one to cry and seeing myself cry this way disturbed me. Other birthdays has never been like this, I merely even paid attention to the day but this, I was remembering every single detail that happened two years ago.

I got out of the bathroom all dressed in a big blue shirt. I went out to see Damon holding a tray of food and my mouth watered but it wasn't only just for the food. He had a grin on his face and he looked handsome as usual. He seemed to have had his bath because he smelt fresh. His cologne was intoxicating or was it his soap?

"Happy Birthday my queen." he said pulling me close to him and the electricity that rushed through me was terrifying. I wanted him bad, was I the only one that felt this way. Surely he should have taken me by now if he felt a teeny bit of what I felt.

" You already told me before." I wrapped my arms around his neck, my head touching his.

"I just want to tell you so that it will stick in your head that you can be happy."

"And how do you intend on making me happy alpha?" I asked wickedly.

"I have a lot of things in mind Luna." he said claiming my lips.

After our make out session we ate, he had made my favorite food and it made me feel special that he was making an effort to make me happy and I think it's working.

Just after we had breakfast, Sam, Jonathan, Chase and Aria walked in. Sam with a cake, Aria and Jonathan with a two and zero balloon respectively while Chase held a bottle of champagne. Before I could ask what they were doing they started singing happy birthday and that moment I felt... Happy?

"Happy birthday Lee." they chorused taking turns to hug me after wish they gave me the cake.

"Make a wish. " Aria beamed

I made a wish and smiled, if wishes could come true, I hope mine would.

"What did you wish for?" Damon whispered in my ear

"If I tell you, it wouldn't come to pass would it?" I whispered in his ear slightly grazing it with my tongue

"Oh, I could make it come." he whispered nibbling on my ear.

"Guys, we're still here." Jonathan said waving his hands to prove his point.

"Fine." Damon said sucking my neck, looking straight at me.

"I get you guys want to eat each other but some of us actually want to eat the cake you know." Chase said playfully although he sounded serious.

Aria handed me the knife and I took out a piece. Soon we were eating cake and drinking champagne while talking. It felt nice. They stayed for an hour and they left leaving just me and Damon. We talked till I fell asleep in his arms. When I woke up he was wide awake, he looked like he was lost in thoughts.

"What's wrong?" I asked and he smiled.

"Go out on a date with me tonight. " he said kissing my nose.

"Of course I will." I said smiling and he did too.

"Great, go get ready." he said leaving the room.

I got into the bathroom and had a quick breath bath. I stepped out of the bathroom in a towel and when I got to the room there was a lovely black dress on the bed with a letter.

"Happy Birthday tesoro. I got you this as a gift, wear it tonight."

I smiled putting on the cloth, it fitted me perfectly and I smiled. This date was going to be my last meeting with Damon. I wore a black heels, did make up to look extra pretty and went outside to where Damon was waiting for me.

"You're so beautiful MI Reina." he kissed my cheeks. " the cloth looks lovely on you, when did you have time to buy it?"

That one question had my heart beating louder than the loudest thunder.

Should I still continue the book?