Chapter 7

Damon's pov

I didn't know what to do when she lost balance and nearly fell and I had to admit I was shocked, even though I didn't like her I didn't want her to get hurt.

" Yeah right, says the guy that shot her on the arm not once but twice . " my wolf Tyler said growling.

"Well it's not my fault that she's a rogue and she's very stubborn. I had to prove a point".

"Well she's our mate and you are going to treat her right. "

" No I won't. You can't tell me how to treat her. You're not the one who stands her talking like that. "

"Well you totally deserve it anyway. "

" Yeah. Just as much as she deserves it. "

" Gosh. You're so cruel even to your mate but if it's Cici ..."

"Don't drag Cici into this okay"

"See what I'm saying. " he said and I just rolled my eyes blocking him out.

When I stopped talking to my wolf I realized that she was still screaming, I thought he was going to do something about it. I could feel that she was still in pain and I didn't really like that, it was either the pain was too much or the mate bond was working already.Her screams was echoing through the room and a lot of people would have been hearing it. I thought about the shake and the wind and I couldn't think about what could have caused it and I also remembered the time in my office. I didn't like that, I had to find the cause. Nothing like this had happened since then so it had to be that something was wrong now. I just hoped that I was just worrying too much.

Her screams has finally stopped and I decided to take a look at her. I walked to her room and saw her laying on the bed with those guys staying around her.

" Want to tell me what happened " I said rather than asked.

" No. I'd think about it maybe when pigs fly. " she replied.

I just stared at her in utter dismay. She really had a way of talking that just irritated and annoyed me. What's so difficult in telling me what happened?

" I think I'd just resolve to torturing you. I want an answer or explanation right now. " I ordered shouting.

" I told you I'm not going to tell you anything, not even if you force me to now can you please leave. I have a lot on my plate already and you just keep on adding to it. " she shouted

" I just keep on adding to it? " I asked angrily. " Who was the one that trespassed on my land huh? Ever since you came things have been out of control and I damn well need an explanation or I'd kill all of you and don't even think of escaping. You have until tomorrow. "

" I'm hungry. " she whined." I told you I was hungry and you couldn't even do anything about it. You only came here to shout at me rather than check up on me. I don't want to stay here so just do us a favour and take us back where you saw us. "

How can she say that, I actually came to check up on her but I see it was of no use.

" I don't care if you starve to death and you won't leave here, not alive. " I said coldly and walked out but I didn't miss her comment.

" We should just kill him and get out of here. He's worse than a grade A asshole."

So her purpose was to kill me. Well we'd see about that. I stationed ten guards around the premises and later heightened the security around. I didn't want her trying to escape again.

I went to the cell where they were held before and I saw that the bar was broken. It fell out of its place. I have no idea how that could have happened, no one has ever done this before. There was something mysterious about them. Mostly about her. The dark haired one that I think is name is Jonathan seems to be a wolf but I couldn't tell what the other was. He wasn't human, that was for sure but he wasn't a wolf leaving me with two options vampire or wizard and I knew a vampire when I see one so he clearly wasn't one, he was obviously a wizard. How else could the bar had fallen, that explains it. She was traveling with a rogue wolf and wizard. It was either she was in danger running away from it or she was dangerous.

I stuck to both. I knew they couldn't have stumbled upon my land like that, her purpose was to kill me along with her wizard friend and rogue wolf. I had lots of enemies that tried and is still trying to kill me. I just didn't expect my mate to be one of them. I should have killed them the instant I met them.

Knowing they were not able to run away, I went to my office to take care of other things. On my way there I met Cici waiting outside my office.

" I heard what happened, are you alright? " she asked her tone filled with concern something that I know my mate lacked.

" Yes I'm fine. " I said walking in to the office and she followed.

" You should have just killed them. Why do you keep on sparing them. "

" I'm going to kill them but I need answers first. " I said. I need to know just what exactly their plan is.

" That's why you saved her from falling right? " she said mockingly. " You should have left her to fall down and die or are you forgetting what the rogues did, should I remind you? "

" Cici" I said in a tone that suggested she dropped it

" You very well know the threats the rogues pose and yet you still leave them be. Why on earth didn't you kill them. I heard about the cell, no one has ever done that no matter how powerful they are but somehow they did. They're not ordinary Damon. They are rogues and they are not ordinary, I don't know the real reason why you are hesitating to kill them but if you don't have the balls to someone else would. " she said.

She hated rogues a lot, almost every one here does and that's why I can't accept her as a mate. She would always be seen as a threat and it doesn't help that they're more than that. A lot of people would do anything to kill them. I was angry at the way cici spoke ,how dare she question my authority.

" Leave my office Cecilia." I said calmly resisting the urge to shout.

" I'm sorry Damon, I didn't mean to say all that. It's just... You know how I feel about the rogues don't you. " she said at the edge of tears. " I don't want to loose you too Damon. "

" You wouldn't, now leave. " I said

" Damon I'm sorry. " she said and the way she spoke made me calm down a bit. She pretty sounded sincere and looked like she would cry any moment soon and I didn't want that.

" It's okay. Just go upstairs and get some rest, I have things to take care of. " I said cupping her face in my hand.

" You'd come join me when you're done? "she asked and I nodded muttering "As soon as I'm done. "

I gave her a little kiss on the lips and then she left. I sighed sitting down. What was I supposed to do? I couldn't just kill her like that and I doubt if it would be easy killing the wizard but I had to do something and do it fast. After hours of pondering on the issue, I got up and went where they were. My decision already made.

Hey guys,

Thanks for your time reading, I would really like to know what you think of the book and what you suggest that he does. Please vote and leave your comment and suggestions. I was wondering if I could get some help with the cast list, I'm so confused on who to use. Don't forget to leave your suggestions.
Thanks for reading, love y'all 😍
Dedicated to amah123456