Chapter 13

Damon's Pov

She kept on turning around and it was making it difficult for me to sleep. I sighed in frustration and got up from the bed. I was on my way to the guest room when I turned to look at her and noticed there was something off about how she was turning around gripping the sheets roughly and then it occurred to me that she could be having a nightmare. I rushed to her tapping her lightly hoping she'd wake up but nothing happened. I kept on doing that but she was still asleep.

" Come on you have to wake up." I said tapping her.

" Let me go. " she shouted followed by a scream.

I could notice tears strolling down her cheeks and could see a bruise forming on her wrist. Maybe Loranda was attacking her in her dreams, I still wanted to hear her story from her, I really didn't understand but I knew that she was running away from Loranda and she wanted to go to the vampire kingdom and the witches land to get a protective spell against what Loranda does to her. I really wanted to get to know her but I know she'd be leaving today and wanted nothing to do with me which was obviously for the best. I really didn't want her to be with me cause I wasn't good enough for her and having her by my side would just make it easy for my enemies to get to me through her and I didn't want her to be my weakness so it was best if nothing happened between us.

" Come on wake up. " I urged continuously tapping her.

She was panting heavily now perhaps running away from who or what was going to attack her and beads of sweat was forming on her forehead.

" Wake up would you. " I urged still tapping her not wanting her to get hurt in her nightmare cause I could see it was affecting her physically.

She was thrown off from the bed before I knew it and I was expecting her to have woken up but she was still sleeping and I kept on trying to wake her up. I didn't want to leave her side while going to get Sam and Jonathan to help cause I don't know what else could happen and I knew they weren't going to be of any help. She had to wake up on her own.

I had to wait patiently for her to wake up and she finally did after what seemed like hours with a loud scream. She was still panting heavily and I could still see a line of tears and I really didn't like seeing her that way, she looked scared and vulnerable so I pulled her into a hug but what I wasn't expecting was for her to put her hands around me and cry, she seemed like the one that would reject the offer of a hug and act tough so it was quite surprising that she let down her guard.

I really haven't done this for anyone and I liked that I was able to do this for her even if it really didn't mean anything. I pulled her closer to me and just let her cry on my chest while I stroked her hair. It was really soft and the colour looked good on her and I really liked it what I didn't understand was why she covered it up cause it was beautiful and so was she.

" Don't worry you'd get over it someday, everything would be alright in the end. " I said trying to calm her down but it seemed like I had hit a nerve.

" Yeah right and when would this end come? I've basically been running away from all sorts of things for two years, isn't it enough to be the end? " she said getting away from me.

I just had to open my mouth to try and soothe her now look what I caused, what am I supposed to say now. I'm not good at this kind of stuff, I should have just walked out when she woke up.

" You should go back to sleep or something. " I said having no idea of what to say next I know this wasn't even good too. She just rolled her eyes and entered the bathroom locking the door.

Lianna's pov

I don't know what came over me to cry infront of him or even hug him back. It's not like I regretted it I just didn't want to look weak or seem as if I needed his help or support. I could do it all on my own and clearly didn't need him. I looked at myself in the mirror, I looked like a mess, my hair was scattered around my face and my face was just bad. I raised my shirt up to see a long claw mark on my shoulder to my chest, it still hurts but not as much as it did before. Sure it'd heal fast but it would surely leave a scar and I didn't like it but I was used to it now. I have terrible nightmares always running from something or someone and when they hurt me in the dream it always happened in reality. I didn't know what this beast was, this was the first attack from the beast, usually it was from Loranda or other creatures but this beast scared me more and although it was the first attack I knew certainly it wasn't the last.

I sighed running my hands through my hair, I was starting to feel like there wasn't an end to this. Do I get to suffer like this until I die?

I decided to take my mind off that and my thoughts sub consciously drifted to him. He seemed a little bit nice today, Just a teeny bit. I liked the fact that he was here for me today and I was so surprised when he hugged me, his touch was so divine and intoxicating, it made me craving for things beyond a hug imagining his hands doing other things to me. If he could create this much sensation from a hug how much more when... I was beginning to create a mental image of us and I really didn't need that. I really needed to stop thinking about him. I'd be gone today and we probably won't hear from each other again perhaps maybe when he hears about my death in the hands of the witches, vampires or even Loranda.

I sighed frustratedly, why did my life have to be so fucking complicated. I would have been absolutely fine with being an ordinary werewolf, having a mate that'd love me and no one else and most importantly a peaceful life free of all this shit but look what happens instead. I'm not ordinary, my mate's a big bad alpha that doesn't like me but someone else. I can't even be with him to begin with because I had to take care of things with myself first and to top it all he didn't even look like he wanted me to be with him. I'm even sure he'd be more than happy when he discovers that I'm dead so he could happily make the bitch Cici his Luna. I'd so love to scratch her pretty face with my claws as a ghost while he's making her his Luna and cut off his balls so they wouldn't be able to have any pup and then he'd know better to stay away from her.

I really needed to stop thinking about crazy things. I still stared at the scar and it wasn't good in any way. I felt so useless not doing anything to the beast, not that it'd have affected it though but still yet I could have tried. What will happen if it gets to me in reality. I have to put up a fight even if it doesn't end well. I have to be stronger than this, I wasn't given powers just for fun, I was given to protect myself and others around me. I have to learn to attack in full force and not stop till I got the desired result and that was causing immense pain or even death to everything and everyone that tried to hurt me.