Repercussions

The hell? Blood? Shit! Did I miss something? I thought I cleaned it all up or at least hid it properly. Dammit. There's no backing out of this now.

"Whose God damn blood is this Bee?! What happened? Did someone attack you? Why didn't you call me? Is this why you're home? Was there an accident? Talk to me, woman!"

I grabbed her wrists firmly and pulled her hands away from my face. "Slow down hunny, I'm fine...you should see the other guy," I said with a sigh. "To answer your questions in order, the blood isn't mine. Belongs to some scumbag, didn't bother to get his name... There was a fight, I won... No, I was the attacker... I didn't call you because I knew you would be upset with me and curse me out... Yes, this is the reason why I'm at home... As far as accident goes, it wasn't an accident."

Completely overwhelmed Diane put her hands on her head and started pacing back and forth repeating some nearly incoherent things.

"Oh my God... my sister's going to jail. What the hell am I going to do now? I don't have enough money to bail her out..." She continued.

"Calm down love, I'm not going to jail. I doubt that bastard would even open his mouth about what happened. Not if he wants to keep his image that is...however, my boss... um, ex-boss has the footage of the incident and so do I. So no worries" I told her half smiling.

Diane looked at me as if I was crazy. In a swift motion, she grabbed my shirt where the blood stain was and started yanking me up the stairs.

Woman, how the hell are you able to move this fast in those heels?

"Oh, shit..." I said stumbling, "weren't you going out just now?"

"Forget that, I ain't goin' nowhere till you explain to me in detail whatchu did and show me the video too."

This is going to be a long and frustrating evening. I can feel it. I wonder if she's mad or if she's going to understand the situation. Either way, I know I'm about to get the scolding of the century.

After being just about dragged up the stairs we entered the apartment and I walked over to the coffee table and placed my pink fanny pack on it next to the tv remote then plopped down on the sofa next to it laying with my feet hanging over the arm of the sofa. Neither of us bothered to take off our shoes when we came in the door. There was a bit of awkward silence and just blank stares between the both of us as she sat on the opposite sofa away from me. 

"So?" she said crossing her legs. I took a really deep breath and let it out slowly.

"You know my coworker June, right? Well, she's been getting harassed for a few days outside of work and was afraid to tell the police because you know she's gay. Sadly around here people who were born male and come out as gay end up being the center of attention, and mostly not the good kind. So she's been getting picked on a lot. However today, the bastard showed up at the bar. We all know that at The Black Cactus no one discriminates....but all day that son of a bitch was making smart remarks at June. 'Nice skirt dude', 'Shave your legs then you might pass for a girl', 'you're a man, take off that lipstick'." even saying it out loud made my stomach turn sick. "Stuff like that you know, it really got to me. So I told the jerk to go jump in a hole and die."

Diane facepalmed herself, "as he damn well should."

"Anywaysssss..... he got pissed and we thought he left. But he didn't. Sometime later, June went to the back to take out the trash and that prick saw her. He cornered her and roughed her up. Like grabbed her by the collar and shit pushed her to the wall and look like he was saying rude things to her. We almost didn't catch it at all, the manager went into the office and spotted it on the surveillance and said, 'fuck June's in trouble'. After that, I didn't think at all I just acted. Next thing I knew I took my shirt off and headed outside...after that I was being held down."