War's truth - *Bo's POV*

I fucked up again...this time I caused War to get hurt. Don't die on me, please.

As I carried him to the car the blood from his wounds was still pouring out. When we got there I put him in the passenger seat and got the first aid kit from the back. I did my best to cover the wounds and apply pressure but my hands were shaking.

"You have to calm down, this isn't like you," War told me. "I've never... seen you fight like that before."

I've never fought like that before.

"I- I don't know, I just- something snapped when I saw you got shot and I ... I lost it." Thinking back on the incident I don't really know what happened. It was like a different part of me took over for a moment and released all of my pent-up rage. I have no idea how I did that, let alone survived.

"You're not hurt are you?"

"No, I'm okay," I tried to reassure him, but I was. Although I had survived the encounter, I hadn't come out unscathed. I was shot as well but I ignored it. My main goal was to protect and get him to safety so I had to. But now I'm starting to think I had failed.

"It's not stopping...fuck it's not stopping," I said shakily as I watched the blood seep through the dressing and he grimaced.

"Hey..."

"No, you shouldn't talk, save your strength. I- I have to-"

"Bo!" he shouted. It was the first time I heard him call my name. It shocked me and made me stop moving. I just looked up into his face. With his eyes half shut he took off his mask and spoke.

"Listen. The real reason I kept your swords... was because I thought I'd never get to see you again, or for a really long time. I wanted to keep you close to me still, so...I went back to get them after you left. I never hated you, and...I never hated your hair," he said reaching up to touch the end of my braid that had escaped my shirt when I was fighting. I listened in silence.

He touched my hair?

"I just didn't know how to deal with what I was feeling and as a result, I was harsh toward you...The first time I joined The Horsemen, I felt strange around you and realized I couldn't bring myself to call you 'brother'. For years I wondered why and couldn't figure it out," he continued and my mind wandered.

Is he...? Is this...? Felix are you...?

"But ever since you came back, those feelings became stronger...and seeing the way you got upset and tore the place apart because I got hurt, even the night you took my punishment, made me realize, just how much I really liked you...It was so bad I couldn't say your name,' he smiled. " So I called you by the feature that stood out to me the most. The thing is, I admire your hair. It's beautiful...and that's why I called you 'Ponytail'".

I don't know if my heart leaped or sank, but hearing his confession made it race so hard that I heard it as if it was right next to my ear. Internally I was a mess and was trying hard to keep my emotions composed but it didn't work. The only thing I could do was hold his face and kiss him as a tear dropped from my eyes to his cheeks.

"Bo... don't cry for me."

I didn't say anything, I just rushed around to the driver's side and got in. I cursed and started the vehicle. Not waiting even a second I flew down the road heading for the house. This was my other car, a wine red Audi. Not as fast as my Corvette and I cursed myself for not using it instead of this one.

I tried to hold on to the wheel and wipe the blood and tears from my face at the same time as I sped along the road, gas pedal to the floor.

"Slow down or you'll crash... it's okay if I don't make it."