Making impressions

I hadn't gone to the gym or left the house since the windshield situation, instead, I worked out at home and just stayed put. I had gotten the information from Asher about the asswipe that I needed but Diane convinced me to let Asher handle it instead, so I agreed. I don't know what Asher is planning, and neither do I want to find out. I just told her to make sure that he knows not to cross paths with me. Somehow I felt better leaving it up to her. Like more relaxed.

Today however is a momentous occasion. Not only is it the date of the dinner, but it's also the day I get to see this Gio guy in person. Diane said they'd be together today for a bit and I must admit I'm a bit excited to see the guy Diane is swooning over.

At noon, Diane returned home with her potential boyfriend. "Bee hunny." She said from the door.

"Yes. I'm here." I said from inside my room.

"There's someone I want you to meet."

"I'll be right out," I said putting my hair in a ponytail. I wiped my face on a towel and threw it on the edge of the bed and headed out.

Holy shit he's tall!

"Hello." He said. "I'm Giovanni."

"Hey there! Nice to meet ya, I'm Bina, Diane's sister, and personal bodyguard." I said offering my hand. He took it and shook it firmly.

"Bodyguard?" He looked at Diane.

"Well.." She started.

"Yes! Anyone who wants to get close to Diane goes through me." I put my hands on my hips and stood with a wide stance.

"You insist on embarrassing me huh?" Diane put her hands over her face.

"Absolutely!"

"Well Miss Bodyguard, I will try not to do anything that will invoke your wrath," Gio said.

"I'll hold you to that because if you break her heart..." I said turning my smile into my resting bitch face, "I'll break your damn neck."

"She's really not kidding about that part. There's evidence to prove it." Diane spoke through her hands.

"Oh! Understood!" He said abruptly.

"Great Geodude! Now we cool?" I returned to my excited smile giving a thumbs up.

"Cool. D-did you just call me a Pokemon?"

"Sure did. That's your name now. Do you want something to drink?"

"Hold on a minute!" Diane turned me around. "What are you doing?" She whispered.

"I'm being nice. He seems cool, and he's built like a JoJo character! You got a Polynesian Joestar."

I could hear Gio laughing behind us.

"Cut it out! He can hear you... oh God, somebody shoot me now." 

I laughed at her.

"Hey, it's all good. I like JoJo so I'm taking that as a compliment." He said.

"Oh yeah? You like JoJo huh? Best soundtrack?" I asked determined to test his knowledge.

"Easy. The Pillar Men theme." He responded.

"Best supporting character?"

"Speedwagon."

"Best villain?" I asked with furred brows.

"My opinion, Dio. He's like a cockroach."

"Fair point," I said. "Most dangerous stand?"

"Killer Queen because of 'heart attack' and 'bites the dust'."

Diane's eyes darted between us.

"Most charismatic person?"