The suit

I had gotten up early to straighten my hair and that was a pain in the ass. Needed Diane's help, especially with the back. We had spent at least an hour and a half trying to get it to look like sense. So far it looks really good along with the outfit and shoes I bought from Royal Suits. My makeup was natural with subtle gold highlights and my signature lipstick and golden accessories. She even touched up my crow-claw-looking nails a bit.

"God I hope I don't slip down in these things," I said putting my heels in my bag with my essentials and a change of clothes.

"Oh, you won't. If you do Minjun will catch you."

"You mean catch a case of laughing at me."

"If he's as sweet as he looks, he won't laugh. Besides, who won't catch you? Do you see yourself? Especially in that outfit. You look drop-dead gorgeous. Someone might just hit on you." She shrugged her shoulder.

"Do you know something that I don't?" I looked over my shoulder at her.

"Nah... just saying."

I put on some flat dress shoes and took my last look in the mirror. The corset top looked nice with the pants without the long jacket. This made me consider wearing it like that sometimes. I draped the jacket over my arm and said goodbye to Diane, who wished me all the luck in the universe. Nervously walking down the steps I took deep breaths.

Please let today go okay. Oh God, what if I faint? What if I'm not good enough? What if I mess up?  God, I hate the fact that I got my period right now. It messes with everything.

I froze at the car while reaching for the handle. It was like the whole world was drowned out for a few seconds and my heartbeat and breathing were the only sounds in existence. It grew louder and louder. The vibration from the phone in my hand snapped me back to reality. I checked it and it was Diane. I guess she had seen me.

Diane: Are you ok hunny? 
Me: Yeah. Just recollecting myself. Thanks for checking.

I opened the car door and jumped inside. Threw on some music and put it on shuffle. Took my time and drove along the road flipping through songs. Even though the music was set to shuffle I still changed it until I found a song I wanted to listen to and nervously sang along. This lasted until I reached the set and showed no signs of leaving me.

Here we go.

I got out of my vehicle, tossed on my jacket and heels, grabbed my bag, and walked to where everyone was. Went through the usual search and sign-in and greeted Devorah.

"Hey MK," I said with a huge smile.

"Look, the superstar of the hour." She said returning the same smile.

"Oh, I'm no superstar."

"Around here you are. Do you see the way you dress? It's no wonder they want to upgrade your role. You look fantastic!"

I awkwardly smiled and fiddled with my fingers. "Thank you." 

"You are so welcome. Here is the updated form. Take some time, read through carefully, and sign and return it to me." She handed me a folder with some papers.

"Okay." I took the folder and went over to find a chair to sit on. I opened it and started reading.

How did I even get here? I was just supposed to be an extra. That's all. It was supposed to be a little job that only lasts a few days. Grab my pay afterward and call that 'George'. Instead, I'm here meeting the main star of the movie and being offered roles. What in the fucksation is going on? ....Is this a trap? Is this some joke? Is the universe messing with me? Because no way all this is gonna happen without something stupid coming afterward. That's just how it works. Not even going to question it. Shit just goes bad after a while so at the very least I'm kinda expecting something to send my damn joombie in the bush.